Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done to all the place getters. Great to see such a good spread of winners from all over Qld.

Congrats Andrew - top efforts mate...look forward to catching up when you come down to brew one of your beers at the Brewhouse.

... & Kram, what can i say....Fantastic Beer....your new keg fridge complete with Celli font & tap is waiting at the shop for you.

Cheers Ross
Awesome, thanks Ross. I'll be down this week!

A big thanks to all the organisers and those involved for such quick results.

Absolutly chuffed with our 6th place in the Pale Ale Class.. :)
(might have been a 2nd place if the APA's and IPA's were seperated.. :rolleyes: )
All the rest of my beers went to poo.. :lol:
Oh well cant wait for the judging sheets..

Congrats again to everyone who scored a place and big thanks to the organisers..
Looking forward to next years Comp..

Sqyre...

I am exceptionally pleased with my results -
3rd Pale Ale
5th Pale Lagers
5th Wheat and Rye Beer
out of my 3 entries.

Considering I'm only up to my 8th AG.

Congrats to all placegeaters and also to everyone who had a go and entered. Without the support from the brewing community these events won't exist.

And again well done to the Organisers, Judges and Stewards.

Cheers

I am exceptionally pleased with my results -
3rd Pale Ale
5th Pale Lagers
5th Wheat and Rye Beer
out of my 3 entries.

Considering I'm only up to my 8th AG.

Congrats to all placegeaters and also to everyone who had a go and entered. Without the support from the brewing community these events won't exist.

And again well done to the Organisers, Judges and Stewards.

Cheers

You are not wrong there Mossy, those results are outstanding considering your AG newbieness.

cheers

Browndog

Racked my Barley wine to keg for secondary & am 1/2 way through my boil for my Belgian Blonde bring on 2009. :p

Well done to the organisers and stewards for the successful running of a massive comp!

Congratulations to all who placed. There are some great beers being produced out there and the results show it! I think the standard was pretty high especially in some classes...

I'm happy enough, and a little suprised with my results.
Some beers I thought were better didn't score so well and the beer I placed with I didn't think would go as well as it did?!

Bring on the feedback sheets :)

Just picked myself up off the floor :eek: . Congrats to all the other winners and place getters.

Andrew

Congratulations Andrew!! Big Kudos to you! I guess you'd better pack for Melbourne :)

Wow some really close scores. It was definitely a tight comp. I just missed out on taking out the Belgian class from John Kennedy by 0.3 points! Bloody John and his 2 year old wit <_<

I will blow my own trumpet, though and say I was the only brewer to get two beers in the top 10 for the whole comp B) .... but I still couldn't get champion brewer because all my others were so lame .

Well done to all!

Cheers - Snow

... & Kram, what can i say....Fantastic Beer....your new keg fridge complete with Celli font & tap is waiting at the shop for you.

Cheers Ross

I agree - Kram, I tasted your beer and I know none of the stewards will back me up on this, but I actually said that this beer will win best of show. Well done - it was certainly deserved.

Cheers - Snow

First comp for me also and 4th in the ESB, pretty happy with that!
Well done Andrew on the best of show.

I'll be interested in the judges comments on my other entries.
Cheers
AC

Well i only though 1 of my beers had any chance at all and that was the dark ale and it got 5th so im pretty happy with that! just wish i had found those munich dunkels before the cutoff time!!

Dropped off 10x entries at 1657 this arvo - cut it a bit fine! _One_ of those has got to be ok ??
Damn! When I wrote this I didn't realise that _only_ one was gonna be any good!

What a great day - allow me to add my thanks to all and sundry who contributed to the success.

For too long these southern-staters have been kicking our arse in the National's. I want to encourage _every_ place getter in this comp to get their beer to Melbourne. I have tasted these beers and I know the quality - if we show up it'll be Queensland's year this year!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my first time judging and being part of a competition, although at times it felt like work.
8.5 hours later, I finally finished getting through the last beer. I was suprised that I wasn't even close to feeling pissed, although the taste buds were getting fatigued after finishing off 20 entries in the stout category :blink:. Although, the stomache was starting to feel the presence of the angry dragon.

It's yet to be seen if I will regret putting my email on the judging form :ph34r: , so go easy. Remember, first time :D .

Look forward to reading your comments Chad. Did all the judges put their name down on the judging sheets?

... so go easy. Remember, first time :D .

+1 for me :) and I would love some constructive feedback.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I was also a little rushed for time but feel I managed to write down what I needed... al thou my hand writing may have suffered :D and I must say my hand and elbow ( :blink: ) was killing me after all the writing, its been many years sense Ive written that much.

+1 for me :) and I would love some constructive feedback.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I was also a little rushed for time but feel I managed to write down what I needed... al thou my hand writing may have suffered :D and I must say my hand and elbow ( :blink: ) was killing me after all the writing, its been many years sense Ive written that much.

HTFU!

Back