Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOU BEAUTY....

IF IM NOT MISTAKING, I, JODY FISCHER(CLEAN BREWER), WON THE LUCKY ENTRY PRIZE, A 25LTR S.S CONICAL..

YEE HAH. :beerbang:

You sure did - lucky 7 was the number drawn.

Cheers Ross

Congrats Andrew and to all the other brewers who entered, happy with my results. Looking forward to receiving the judges comments.

Well done and thanks to the organisers, judges and all who assisted.

Screwy

YOU BEAUTY....

IF IM NOT MISTAKING, I, JODY FISCHER(CLEAN BREWER), WON THE LUCKY ENTRY PRIZE, A 25LTR S.S CONICAL..

YEE HAH. :beerbang:

Yes, "Jody Fischer" With entry number 0204001 (Class 2 category 4 entry 1). Congrats.

Lucky Entry was drawn by our head judge Andrew Walsh this morning.

Adrian

Just picked myself up off the floor :eek: . Congrats to all the other winners and place getters.

Andrew

I hope there are a few bottles for BABBs this Thursday :D

I was not expecting that for my first comp :eek:
Kram,

Well I'm not surprised one bit. A very big congrats from me mate :) :beerbang: :excl:

All the beers of yours that I have tasted have been top notch....

Well done,

PB

And with only one entry, well done clean brewer :)

Cheers Jye,

I only started brewing in march and was just drinking 1(of 2) of my full extract beers and thought, what the hell, gotta be in it. And sent it in(total cost, about $23), and look what happens....

Really cant wait to get my keg setup done and then onto AG, I still havnt checked my GOLD LOTTO from saturday night either, I could be a millionaire, watch this post..

I wonder if its one of those Conicals Ross just got in?????????

:super: :beerbang: :beer:

Also, well done to all the guys that won, especially the queenslanders, hopefully I can meet a few of you one day(prob the sunny coast boys(closer to me), you all are an inspiration to keep brewing and this forum is a world of knowledge..

Ill be entering again next year with an AG brew, as they say GOTTA BE IN IT TO WIN IT..

Cheers

pretty amazing how quickly the results come out, eh???

Lonte, ex-media-whore

Well done everyone! I'm happy with my results: 8th in Pale Ale, and 7th in Dark Lager. :super:

Well Done Andrew, Kram! A lot of familiar names in there!

Andrew! :party: :beerbang:

Batz

Thanks to all involved, I promise to be good next time and remove all lables etc (hey first timer).
Looking foward to the feedback - next year I own the Begian cats... Mmharrrharrrahar (strokes cat) :rolleyes:

After being so EXCITED about me winning the SS CONICAL, I just had a look at the results and my only entry, I got 7th place in the British/Irish Ale Category, I am so rapped and more determined now, I may even be able to secure more funds for my brewing????

Well done to Andrew again also, and all the other brewers that did well..

:party:

Well done to all the place getters. Great to see such a good spread of winners from all over Qld.

Congrats Andrew - top efforts mate...look forward to catching up when you come down to brew one of your beers at the Brewhouse.

... & Kram, what can i say....Fantastic Beer....your new keg fridge complete with Celli font & tap is waiting at the shop for you.

Cheers Ross

A big pat on the back should go to the organising committe. Getting a comp running is hard enough but managing close to 250 entries can be a logistical nightmare and the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes is incredible.

From what I saw on the day everything ran very smoothly, the stewards did an exceptional job of keeping the judges primed and of course the Judges did well to keep up the flow.

Getting the results out so promptly is a huge bonus for the entrants and just shows how well organised the competition was.
All in all I think it was a hugely successful day for all the organisers and they should be proud of their acheivements.

Andrew

P.S Ross, looking forward to the day.

Congrats to all. Nice work Andrew, proving we are not just about Rum up here :super:

Well done all you guys who got places, you must have brewed some kick-butt beers :beerbang:

Cheers to the organisers and to this brewing forum for that matter, for continuing to support this great hobby and encourage new brewers like me! I entered 2 beers that came equal 130th and 168th out of the 247 entries, which I'm pretty pleased with for my first crack at a comp :)

I'm damn keen for next year's comp now, I might even have to start going to some BABB meetings to learn the secrets of you gun brewers out there!!

Top work everyone. YOU GUYS RULE!!!

I'm stoked at a 10th for the ESB. First comp for me.

Thanks to Ross for talking me into entering. I thought my entry would be too young.... I was just off to buy a grain mill

Cheers
Daryl

A big thank you to all the guys that ran the competition, as said by Andrew, you guys must have been so well organised. I really hope to be there next year to help out. Thanks also to the Judges and also the Sponsors. Congrats to Andrew and all the place getters, I must say that I am stoked to get a 1st place and the third isn't too shabby either. Looking forward now to the AABC.

cheers

Browndog

Latest posts

Back