Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an article on the competition in the Courier Mail today...

BABBs get's plenty of mentions this time...

Don't know who the fool pretending to examine his beer for colour and clarity is though ;)

Just read the article - it's good. Great to see BABB get a mention.

Thought you'd be entering more than 4 brews, though BC!

Cheers - Snow

Just read the article - it's good. Great to see BABB get a mention.

Thought you'd be entering more than 4 brews, though BC!

Cheers - Snow

At least I said Snow, at least...
Planning on an evaluation session of the possibles this weekend :)

I thought it was a good article as well. Definitely painted the whole hobby in a good light and was a good counterbalance to some of the stuff I've seen in there recently around the brew on premise places in which people rubbished homebrewing...

I met the CM editor, Rory at the Beer and Brewer magazine launch at the Grand Central, he seemed to be a passionate beer lover and I think his article reflects that. Looking good in the homburg there Ben.

cheers

Browndog

I thought it was a good article as well. Definitely painted the whole hobby in a good light and was a good counterbalance to some of the stuff I've seen in there recently around the brew on premise places in which people rubbished homebrewing...
Made you sound like a brewing guru and me sound like a bloody prize whore :blink:

Just read the article in the paper in front of me - Nice work guys.

Welcome to the AHB Media Whoredom

:p

Just a reminder, those interested in entering beer into this competition need to have there beers to Ross' shop "Pub Shop" at 3285 Logan Road, Underwood, Qld 4119 Or posted to Adrian Levi
PO Box 570
Springwood Qld 4127

OR

Delivered to any Brewers Choice homebrew store
See Brewers Choice for locations

by 5.00pm the 6th September 2008.

Good luck and check http://www.qabc.org.au for any further details.

Adrian

ok just a few questions
I put down two brews on sat
one honey wheat beer (pitched with 12g of yeast from ross)
one heratige larger with extra malt (pitched with 12g of yeast from ross)

should i enter thease if i post thease off thurs express?
it gives it 6 days to ferment but will have to let it gas up in the post and untill the comp on the 20th.

i know i prolly have no chance as thease are my 1st 2 brews but u got to be in it to win it

As a competition organiser I would say send them through, the lucky entry prize is a conical and you gotta be in it to win it :)

BUT as a brewer I would say the beers will be far from their prime and could possible explode in the mail/storage if bottled too early. Since they are your first 2 brews I would take your time with them and try to brew the best beer possible. There will be plenty of comps in the future and they are a great way to get feed back.

However its up to you B)

Cheers
Jye

As well as my Store, you can drop at any Brewers Choice Store - Details below

BREWERS CHOICE STORE DETAILS

Brewers Choice Acacia Ridge
Cnr Beaudesert and Mortimer Rds
Acacia Ridge 4109
Ph: (07) 3216 6499
Email: [email protected]

Brewers Choice Browns Plains
Shop 25, Crossroads Convenience Centre
3280 Beaudesert Rd (Cnr of Browns Plains and Beaudesert Rds)
Browns Plains 4118
Ph: (07) 3800 9633

Brewers Choice Chapel Hill
Cnr Moordale St & Moggill Rd,
Chapel Hill 4069
Ph: (07) 3878 4198

Brewers Choice Enoggera
394 Samford Rd (Cnr Samford and Grays Rd)
Gaythorne 4051
Ph: (07) 3855 8800

Brewers Choice - Jimboomba
Unit 2, 4 Paul Crt
Jimboomba 4280
Ph: 07 5548 6944

Brewers Choice Wacol
15 Wacol Station Rd, Wacol 4076
Ph: (07) 3271 1373

Brewers Choice - Yamanto
505 Warwick Rd
Yamanto 4305
Ph: (07) 3294 3690

Brewers Choice Head Office
14 Leah Ave, Salisbury
P.O. Box 143
Salisbury, QLD 4107
Ph: (07) 3276 8500

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Document Correction
It has come to our attention that the link on the QABC website that was pointing to the AABC Style Guidelines was out of date, and as a result the Category numbers were missing a number and didn't match up with the QABC entry form. These links have now been directed to the AABC website, from where you will find the latest Style and Category information.

Please note that the QABC entry form is still correct and up to date for anyone who has already downloaded it.

Chad,

Just to confirm then. Everyone needs to use the labels and entry forms that have 13 categories on them.

There is no category 10 - Pale Australian Lager.

I noticed some of my labelled beers had a section at the bottom for Class 14 "specialty ingredient".

I'm guessing these labels would be considered invalid then???. Everyone best check theres.

We don't wan't any more mishaps with labels....do we.

PB :unsure:

Just to confirm then. Everyone needs to use the labels and entry forms that have 13 categories on them.
Correct. The QABC entry form that has 13 categories on it has been up there for some time now, so hopefully no-one has the old 14 category version.

I wouldn't mind throwing in an entry i've got a Brown Ale and a Black Larger (not sure if those styles are being judged) but i've only got them in stubbies and conditions say it needs to be at least 500ml bottles ..damn it.

I think I probably used the old form when I submitted my beers :( Thought I had the current one on my pc but noooo. Is this a big problem??

I wouldn't mind throwing in an entry i've got a Brown Ale and a Black Larger (not sure if those styles are being judged) but i've only got them in stubbies and conditions say it needs to be at least 500ml bottles ..damn it.

Beer4Us,

you are allowed to submit 2 stubbies of the same entry to make up the volume. I did this with my Tripel, as I never bottle strong ales in tallies.

Cheers - Snow

Beer4Us,

you are allowed to submit 2 stubbies of the same entry to make up the volume. I did this with my Tripel, as I never bottle strong ales in tallies.

Cheers - Snow

Ah sweet might give that a go then, so i just need to fill out form drop entry off at my local Brewers Chioce (can i pay the entry there?) then sit at home on wait for the first prize to come in the mail? :D

Thats it Beer4Us, just leave your entry money with the beers for collects.

how does everybody post their bottles? Gonna send in 1 maybe 2. They will be PET 'longies'. Just looking for the best / safest option without it costing a bomb....

Cheers

Chris

Back