Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon I might have my shit together in time to actually have brewed one or two for this :)

I've been trying to find an excuse to brew a Triple :)

You need excuses to brew triples?

Sadly yes, look at the to-do list, could slot it in at number 5, maybe give the CAP the arse :unsure:

It would be interesting to see how many people are interested in entering this comp and with how many entries. Would anyone like to put up their hands?

Adrian :D

It would be interesting to see how many people are interested in entering this comp and with how many entries. Would anyone like to put up their hands?
Depending on results prior I will have up to about 10 potential entries. Sample from the fermenter last night hints the APA might be contamintaed :(

Edit: candidate beers listed in sig below ...

Sadly yes, look at the to-do list, could slot it in at number 5, maybe give the CAP the arse :unsure:

So you're going to pop a CAP in the arse....

Sorry, bad I know but I couldn't resist...

We are pleased to announce the following judges have accepted our invitation to judge this years competition. With some of the most respected judges in the industry, the quality of feedback on your entries should be excellent.

Andrew Walsh - BJCP
David Logsdon Wyeast
Richard Watkins Wig & Pen
Brendan Chan The Brewhouse
Brennan Fielding - Burleigh Brewing Co
Brad Rogers - Stone & Wood Brewery
Dave Hollyoak - Redoak Boutique Beer Caf
Ian Watson - Mt Brewery
Bill Gofton - (AWBQGJ, Senior Judge)
John Thorp - (AWBQGJ)
Mark Sander - (AWBQGJ)
Paul Hoepper - (AWBQGJ)
Russel Webber - (AWBQGJ)

We would also like to extend the invitation to any interstate judges, whether qualified or in training, who would like to assist. A great opportunity to judge & gain experience along side some top people. If interested please contact myself at [email protected]

Cheers
Jye

That is one impressive list of judges there Jye, I'd like to congratulate BABBs and everyone else who has helped organise this years QABC, it is going to be huge.

cheers

Browndog

+1 on the judges :super:
Any issues with bottles types and caps?

No issues with bottle types or caps, as long as its 500ml or greater.

Cold and I believe they will be served out of the Brewhouse cold room.

... better get to the Brewhouse for a few beers to checkout their serving temp :chug:

I would like to enter a brew or two would partials be accepted or is it AG. Feedback on my beers taste and quality is what i am after. Sounds like a great day in any case. Advise is really wanted on this subject as this is my first venture into HB clubs and comps this site is a god send.

Cheers :chug: Brad

AG, partials, extract and kits are all welcome and feedback is a great reason to enter a few beers.

I would like to enter a brew or two would partials be accepted or is it AG. Feedback on my beers taste and quality is what i am after. Sounds like a great day in any case. Advise is really wanted on this subject as this is my first venture into HB clubs and comps this site is a god send.

Cheers :chug: Brad

No limits on methods of brewing, Just the normal style limits.
See here for the terms and conditions:
http://www.qabc.org.au Under T&C's

And on the home page is the shedule and entry lables.

Cheers

Adrian

Does that mean I have to give my beer to someone else to drink? Bugger that .... :lol: :lol:

Back