Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that mean I have to give my beer to someone else to drink? Bugger that .... :lol: :lol:

Come on Bindi, put one in the Specialty beer class mate :icon_cheers:

cheers

Browndog

hi GL,

Brendan Chan is now the brewer at the Brewhouse - Graham left quite a while back now.

cheers Ross

Hi Ross

I assumed Hockadays was referring to The Guru who in the old Qld comps liked to warm the beer up for judging to look for flaws.

Does that mean I have to give my beer to someone else to drink? Bugger that .... :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it is a bugger.... I mean, its less beer for yourself! :icon_cheers:

...and besides, the judges should just KNOW how good your beers are.... well if they were any good they would. ;-)

Come on Bindi, put one in the Specialty beer class mate :icon_cheers:

cheers

Browndog

Yeah, it is a bugger.... I mean, its less beer for yourself! :icon_cheers:

...and besides, the judges should just KNOW how good your beers are.... well if they were any good they would. ;-)

:lol: Very true.
I just bottled a Cherry Wit and Oatmeal Stout from the kegs [you never know, my mood may change]
The Cherry wit is as dry as soot and over the top in cherry taste, the local brewers love it but to everyones taste.
:icon_offtopic:
Off topic: Has anyone had success keeping the bottles carbed when filling them from kegs?

Edit: Add off topic.

We might put a few beers in... :icon_cheers:
Never been in a comp before.. :unsure:
Not expecting to do very well, but the judges advice will be invaluble.
Unless of course they advise me to stop brewing.. :p

Sqyre..

:lol: Very true.
I just bottled a Cherry Wit and Oatmeal Stout from the kegs [you never know, my mood may change]
The Cherry wit is as dry as soot and over the top in cherry taste, the local brewers love it but it is NOT to everyones taste.
:icon_offtopic:
Off topic: Has anyone had success keeping the bottles carbed when filling them from kegs?

Edit: Add off topic.

Hate not being able to edit posts after a set time. :icon_offtopic:

Anyone able to help me with entry forms for this??

Tried the link in the 1st post but with no success <_<

Can't even figure out where it is held :(

Cheers

Sorry wakkatoo but the hosts server is currently down :(

You should be able to get most of the info from my first post.

Entries are only $5 and judging will be held at The Brewhouse on the 20th of September (entries close on the 6th of September).

Tried the link in the 1st post but with no success <_<
Apologies. I'm hosting it on my personal account and have been having some issues with the server of late. Had been having a good run up until a week ago.
I'll give the host support another ear full. Their 99.9% uptime hasn't been as guaranteed as they say :angry: .

Just got confirmation that they are doing server maintainance. Nice of them to tell me. Hopefully be up again tomorrow.

Back up online :D

Just another qn (sorry, will be 1st comp, I'm a little unsure!) - Do you have to nominate whether the beer is AG or extract? If so, where on the entry form / bottle label? I'm thinking on the bottle label it would be at the bottom next to 'style'.

Help is appreciated!

Do you have to nominate whether the beer is AG or extract?
I don't believe it is necessary to indicate whether the beer is AG or extract. If it's not on the entry form then there is no need to say.

Hey wakkatoo, there is no need to nominate a brewing style, all beers will be judged equally.

Cheers
Jye

Hey wakkatoo, there is no need to nominate a brewing style, all beers will be judged equally.

Cheers
Jye

Cheers :D

Only asked cos on other comps they ask you to nominate. Never done it before and I've heard it's good for feedback which is what I want seeing as I'm the only one who drinks my beer!
I know the only thing that is important is that you like your own beer but it will be nice to see what others think!

An update for anyone trying to access the QABC website.
Apparently the host provider is still doing major server hardware upgrades, and currently have a 1 day ETA on completion. You may be lucky enough though to find it's intermitently up during this period, but if not then just hang in there.

Less than 1 month until entries are due brewers (entries close 6th of September).

Cant wait :D

Got my last one in the fermenter yesterday, got 8 or so different styles to enter :huh: Really looking forward to the feedback from some of the excellent judges on hand.

cheers

Browndog

Document Correction
It has come to our attention that the link on the QABC website that was pointing to the AABC Style Guidelines was out of date, and as a result the Category numbers were missing a number and didn't match up with the QABC entry form. These links have now been directed to the AABC website, from where you will find the latest Style and Category information.

Please note that the QABC entry form is still correct and up to date for anyone who has already downloaded it.

There's an article on the competition in the Courier Mail today...

BABBs get's plenty of mentions this time...

Don't know who the fool pretending to examine his beer for colour and clarity is though ;)

Latest posts

Back