Qld Xmas Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, bummer Batz, too bad you're gonna miss mate. Have really been meaning to catch up since the last swap...hell, you ARE only a few K's away!

I've just tasted my swap entry, and well, I'm a bit disappointed.... Got an order from Craftbrewer coming, so will most likely fire out another quick brew, and have it fermented and bottled by the 1st.... As long as everyone can hold off for a few weeks while it conditions, we should all be good.....

Cheers!

I'm definitely in, but I will be arriving a little later in the afternoon due to commitments on the day.

Will be there with bells on and a parrot on me shoulder

Do we know what we are brewing in the stairway ...... :)

CASE SWAP UPDATE
Hey guys,
I have been doing some rough calculations on spendings for the day..
The Pig should be between $175-$200
heatbeads/ firewood etc.- $70
Potatobake and and other non-green additions - $20-$30
Breakfast
Bacon 1-2kg - $15-20 (should be some pig leftover to heat up but better safe than sorry)
Eggs - 3 dozen - $10
Mushies, Hashbrowns, Tomatoes, etc - $25
Paperplates, knives and forks (renae found some decent ones this time) -$45
Condiments - $10

As you can see we are just over the $400 mark..
If i ask for $15 per head it could be cutting it fine..
(on the chance i have forgotten something or half a dozen people suddenly drop out,or the price of pig,tomatoes or eggs go through the roof.)
So i am making it $20 a head...
and if on the day everything goes to plan cash wise, we invest the rest in a box of prawns seeing how we sadly wont have Ned's tasty Bounty this year...(depending on what a box is worth)
All in favor say Aye...

Sqyre.. ;)

Lettuce for Zizzle.....99c
Carrot for Zizzle......50c

God damn them hippies are cheap to feed..... :lol:

I might have a few lettuce ready by the meet, so if they are, I will bring some. Cant beat organic home grown lettuce... :D

I might have a few lettuce ready by the meet, so if they are, I will bring some. Cant beat organic home grown lettuce... :D
That would be awesome. Home grown vegies are awesome.

I'll be there!!

Still workin on a quick party keg to bring...
we will see what happens, otherwise i'll bring a few bottles of my first few ag's for criticism

:D
I will Be there and I will bring a keg of Bohemian Lager.

Cheers Altstart

LIST UPDATE...

Instead of filling up the list with ..[CONFIRMED]'s
I have labeled all the UN_CONFIRMED'S...

You now know who you are.. :D
Sqyre... ;)

As per my first post, I still can't make to the swap, but my case is ready to go.

As per my first post, I still can't make to the swap, but my case is ready to go.

Sorry Chad musta been before i started the 1st post List and missed you somehow...
Fixed up now..

Sqyre.. :p

CASE SWAP UPDATE

Just thought i would make it OFFICIAL... :eek:
We will be having an ALL-GRAIN Demo / Brew up on the Morning of the swap starting at 11am...
Anyone interested in joining in on the Brewing, who is not in the "Case Swap" please contact me as we will be happy for you to come along and share in the fun of ALL-Grain Brewing..
Just let me know via a PM or by Posting in this Thread...

Incider has been nominated as the designated "Stairway to Heaven" Driver..
(May God have mercy on our souls...and my brew stand)
brew_rig_1small.jpg

"STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN"

Sqyre... ;)

Farewell Ye Stairway.

You were a great, great brewstand, before you were defiled by the Man Cordial Himself!

RIP

;)

CASE SWAP UPDATE

Just thought i would make it OFFICIAL... :eek:
We will be having an ALL-GRAIN Demo / Brew up on the Morning of the swap starting at 11am...
Anyone interested in joining in on the Brewing, who is not in the "Case Swap" please contact me as we will be happy for you to come along and share in the fun of ALL-Grain Brewing..
Just let me know via a PM or by Posting in this Thread...

Incider has been nominated as the designated "Stairway to Heaven" Driver..
(May God have mercy on our souls...and my brew stand)
View attachment 15949

"STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN"
Sqyre... ;)

I've got a tin of Farmland Lager spare for the brew session. What pot do I pour it into? Have you got an electric blanket and some sugar? :icon_cheers:

Cheers,

InCider.

I'll be there from about 5:30-6:00 am to help get the pig underway.

Also wasn't happy with the Nelson Pale Ale, so I have just put a new brew in to ferment. It'll be bottled by the swap, but along with a few others, you might have to wait a couple of weeks to drink.

It'll be an All Grain "Armadillo Pale Ale". Makes the label so much easier too. That prize is mine, Ross, Mine.

I'm pretty stoked with the name. I bet nobody has thought of calling a Pale Ale with heaps of Amarillo Hops an "Armadillo Pale Ale" before. Yep, real lateral thinking there.

Cheers,
Wrenny

LIST UPDATE

Thanks Wrenny, I will list you as Cofirmed.
and PaulH has also informed me he cant make it..

Sqyre...

I'm going to be a wanker and have to wait until next week to confirm although I will get there and watch Incider buggering up a beer on the Stairway at the very least.
Currently have bottled up the Acerola Pale - really got my fingers crossed at the moment since the fruit flavour is all over the place, bottle conditioning will hopefully mellow it out :unsure: . Note to self - don't do an experimental beer for a case swap!

View attachment 15932

Can i also get everyone to sart giving me Confirmations when they know they are DEFINATELY attending please..
as there are are a few people i havn't heard from for a while... ;)

Thanks
Sqyre..

Mark me down as definite and bringing Zizzle along with me - I do like salads myself, although I did cut the locks a few years ago now.

Back