Qld Xmas Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I can hear Jye smacking his chops already over that one Matt !

cheers

Browndog

NEWS FLASH .... ..... ... ... ... .. ..

Just sampled the Black Dog Stout CCing in the fridge and am striking it from the swap. I'm not real happy with the way it has turned out so in it's place I give you.........Pine Gap IPA, Sqyre, my man, can you sort that list out? Also, I'll bring some kind of bar snack with the keg.

cheers

Browndog

Pine Gap IPA,

List Updated...

I have a small problem,
i need someone to help out with the pig in the wee hours of the morning and i mean wee!!!
i was hoping Mr Bunyip would be here to help out but unfortunatly he cant make it so if there are any out-of-towners who would like to crash here the night before to help out??
Or maybe a local who can be here in the very very early hours of the morning?? say by 5-6am at the very latest??

Mrs Sqyre in her advanced stage of "Uptheduffitis" cannot assist me with the smashing of the big stainless pole up the pigs arse then lift it onto the fire..

So if anyone can help out it would be appreciated...

Sqyre.... ;)

List Updated...

I have a small problem,
i need someone to help out with the pig in the wee hours of the morning and i mean wee!!!
i was hoping Mr Bunyip would be here to help out but unfortunatly he cant make it so if there are any out-of-towners who would like to crash here the night before to help out??

Sqyre.... ;)

Come on guys , Give the man a hand .... I was soooo looking forward to a 05:00 start , :chug: that we were going to drive 1800km to help get this pig a crisping..

Shit I'm pissed off at missing this ...

Still nowhere to brew yet , or live for that matter , oh well such is life...

:beer:

Or maybe a local who can be here in the very very early hours of the morning?? say by 5-6am at the very latest??

Mrs Sqyre in her advanced stage of "Uptheduffitis" cannot assist me with the smashing of the big stainless pole up the pigs arse then lift it onto the fire..

Sqyre.... ;)

Hey Sqyre, I may be able to come early in the day via train TOOT TOOT! after my lesson in HTFU from Zizzle. Remember: Those that can, do. And those that can't, teach.

Let me know the nearest station to you and I'll give you an ETA.

Mr HTFU.

Hey Sqyre, I may be able to come early in the day via train TOOT TOOT! after my lesson in HTFU from Zizzle. Remember: Those that can, do. And those that can't, teach.

Let me know the nearest station to you and I'll give you an ETA.

Mr HTFU.

Thanks Mate, but i dont think the trains run early enough for you to get here early enough..
plus its about a 50min round trip to the nearest station. (Bethania)
by my calculations we will probably get you here about 4:35pm the day after the swap.. :p
Thanks anyway...
Unless you want to crash here the night before and can be at the Salisbury Train station at 4pm friday arvo..
That would be extremely convienient.. :D

Shit I'm pissed off at missing this ...

Still nowhere to brew yet , or live for that matter , oh well such is life...
I'd offer to put you up in the shed for a while Ned, But i fear you would never leave... :p
Your in a pretty shitty situation...
Better find somewhere soon so we know where to post the case..
Good luck with the house hunting...
Perhaps you will find one with a massive bar and we can all come to you for a swap.

Sqyre...

Ive just checked the translink site and will have to do a half day at work, so I'll check on that this week but it's doable. Let's hope they take livestock on the train! :rolleyes:

Ive just checked the translink site and will have to do a half day at work, so I'll check on that this week but it's doable. Let's hope they take livestock on the train! :rolleyes:
Dont go putting yourself out mate... There still maybe someone who needs somewhere to crash the night before who is willing to get up the crack of dawn to help out...(i will explain who dawn is later)

we've got 5 weeks to work it out... If worst comes to worst i might be able to set the pig up the day before with someones help and just keep it on ice overnight..
I just had another thought too, if i chuck some wheels on the spit i should be able to lift the pig into place then roll it over the fire... (it takes 2 people to lift on while its over the fire..1 each end..)
I'm off to the shed to do some spit upgrading... i will keep you posted.. ;)

Sqyre..

Dont go putting yourself out mate... There still maybe someone who needs somewhere to crash the night before who is willing to get up the crack of dawn to help out...(i will explain who dawn is later)

we've got 5 weeks to work it out... If worst comes to worst i might be able to set the pig up the day before with someones help and just keep it on ice overnight..
I just had another thought too, if i chuck some wheels on the spit i should be able to lift the pig into place then roll it over the fire... (it takes 2 people to lift on while its over the fire..1 each end..)
I'm off to the shed to do some spit upgrading... i will keep you posted.. ;)

Sqyre..

If I come down a day early, you can waive my $2.95! :p

Squire,

I'll give you a hand mate. I only live around the corner in Tamborine. And now that my little one wakes up with the screeching birds at 4:30, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

When you say the Big Green Shed, Woodhill, you don't mean the Bush Fire Brigade Station do you?

Brew bottled on Sunday. Put me down for Another Pale Ale (AG - APA).

Cheers,
Wrenny

Squire,

I'll give you a hand mate. I only live around the corner in Tamborine. And now that my little one wakes up with the screeching birds at 4:30, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

When you say the Big Green Shed, Woodhill, you don't mean the Bush Fire Brigade Station do you?

Brew bottled on Sunday. Put me down for Another Pale Ale (AG - APA).

Cheers,
Wrenny

Cool thanks Mate,
i will see how we go and let you know when we get a bit closer to the date..
And no its not the Woodhill Rural... :lol:
I mean this big green shed...
10a.JPGinside_shed.jpg

More piccys and the full story HERE

AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT HERE SOME FROM LAST YEARS SWAP..

Sqyre... ;)

Cool thanks Mate,
i will see how we go and let you know when we get a bit closer to the date..
And no its not the Woodhill Rural... :lol:
I mean this big green shed...
View attachment 15690View attachment 15691

More piccys and the full story HERE

AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT HERE SOME FROM LAST YEARS SWAP..

Sqyre... ;)

I see about this time late year I suggested a marchofest at the cave,some may even remember it ;)

Lets get this Xmas Swap happening first but think about a Marchofest at the Cave as well

In March of course and a mad March theme

Attachments

• teaparty1.jpg
    teaparty1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 5
I see about this time late year I suggested a marchofest at the cave,some may even remember it ;)

Lets get this Xmas Swap happening first but think about a Marchofest at the Cave as well

In March of course and a mad March theme

Sounds great Batz. Mad Marchofest Gourmet Food and Beer Festival, Kin Kin.

Sounds good Batz, the liver should have recovered from Sqyres by then :)
Currently I'm suffering for my art - was collecting the last acerola cherrys for the case swap beer and also collected around 5 paper wasp stings in 2 seconds, now got a big red (and freakin itchy) hand :( .

Oky doky Gents,
I have been getting some prices etc. for the food for the swap....
So i thought i'd better Get the Ball rolling andChuck a list up and see what i've missed, what we dont need, and anything else...

DINNER...
Pig
Potato Bake
Small salad? maybe some potato / pasta salad?

LUNCH...
Smokey Chook legs
Nibbilies, chips , dips, etc

BREAKFAST...
Bacon
Eggs
Fried Tomato
Hashbrowns
Mushies

Ok any suggestions to add or remove?
Also nows the time to let me know if your bringing anything in the way of food along..

Sqyre..

Sounds damn good, but I dont know about the pasta salad... it has the S word <_< :lol:

Meatatarians Unite!

If it's got green it it, it's probably infected.....

:)

cheers

Sounds damn good, but I dont know about the pasta salad... it has the S word <_< :lol:
perhaps we can get the salad fried? mmmmmmmm... :p

Sqyre..

Oky doky Gents,
I have been getting some prices etc. for the food for the swap....
So i thought i'd better Get the Ball rolling andChuck a list up and see what i've missed, what we dont need, and anything else...

DINNER...
Pig
Potato Bake

LUNCH...
Smokey Chook legs

BREAKFAST...
Bacon
Eggs
Fried Tomato
Hashbrowns
Mushies

Ok any suggestions to add or remove?
Also nows the time to let me know if your bringing anything in the way of food along..

Sqyre..

So lunch is after dinner but before breakfast?

Brucey, great to see the tradition of organisation being carried on. I must say I love it!

Just a quick question...

Say if I was number 14 in the swap, should I put my bottles between 13 and 15 or just after 7pm?

Your brother in logic,
Pat

Brucey, great to see the tradition of organisation being carried on. I must say I love it!

Just a quick question...

Say if I was number 14 in the swap, should I put my bottles between 13 and 15 or just after 7pm?

Your brother in logic,
Pat

Gee thanks Pat.. :blink:
I could have confused someone into thinking Lunch was at midnight.. :huh:
The New fixed up post so no-one gets confused...
(especially the west coasters..)

LUNCH...
Smokey Chook legs

DINNER...
Pig
Potato Bake

BREAKFAST...
Bacon
Eggs
Fried Tomato
Hashbrowns
Mushies

Sqyre... (I was never confused...)

Just a quick question...

Your brother in logic,
Pat

You - should just get your ass and bottles on a plane and be there, ya sand gropin girl! HTFU.

Latest posts

Back