Qld Xmas Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are those beer labels coming along guys...Remember there's a $50 gift voucher up for grabs, or if you prefer a 19L keg (empty) for the best label B)

Cheers Ross

Edit: spelling - thanks Pat

How are those beer abels coming along guys...Cheers Ross

Rossco, what's an abel? I'm sure I have one somewhere here...

Do I get the prize?

Screwtop, I did look at air-fares and then got very frightened. Only just scraped up the cash to get to Sydney for Xmas. What happened to the days of the $550 return??? All QLD Swaps in future should be done VERY close to Xmas. That way us inter-staters could book a quick return flight from say Sydney?

Sqyre: Thanks for the correction mate but you still haven't explained if Number 14 of the swap has to put their beers between 3 and 7 yet. (I may have stuffed up some figures here but on close examination I can't see where???)

Spot,
Pat

Rossco, what's an abel? I'm sure I have one somewhere here...

Do I get the prize?

Screwtop, I did look at air-fares and then got very frightened. Only just scraped up the cash to get to Sydney for Xmas. What happened to the days of the $550 return??? All QLD Swaps in future should be done VERY close to Xmas. That way us inter-staters could book a quick return flight from say Sydney?

Sqyre: Thanks for the correction mate but you still haven't explained if Number 14 of the swap has to put their beers between 3 and 7 yet. (I may have stuffed up some figures here but on close examination I can't see where???)

Spot,
Pat

Farking excuses, I've seen the Perth Trip Thread, you EX Qlder, you've ditched us for your Sand Groping brewer buddies. Drive the van over mate, you could give a second BIAB demo to the Yalata People, they don't get mobile breweries through there that often, and they've got a nice spot overlooking the Gulf, would be much nicer place to brew than that room in your pic.

LOL!

Well you and I both know the Yalata Mission well. BUT....

It has closed down :huh:

A big loss...

The van is still going, the room I pictured is now clean but I still have haven't found a replacement for InCider's sister yet.

PP

Edit: Did I write all that garbage above? Anything ot bump the post count I spose. :rolleyes:

Sounds damn good, but I dont know about the pasta salad... it has the S word <_< :lol:

Yes - deep fry the G*d D*mn whole lot of them!!! (*and any mars bars/peanut butter sandwiches walking past)

*sorry up past bedtime...

Yes - deep fry the G*d D*mn whole lot of them!!! (*and any mars bars/peanut butter sandwiches walking past)

*sorry up past bedtime...
Perhaps we just fill up the brew kettle with oil..and chuck in anything that falls under 3000 calories.. :p

Sqyre..

LIST UPDATE..
Kiwi Greg Swap beer - Steinlager Clone

Sqyre...

I did a sample of my Red Ale tonight, and I have a problem

I started with 23ltrs, but now I might only have enough to fill 26 twist top bottles... :ph34r:

I have a problem
I started with 23ltrs, but now I might only have enough to fill 26 twist top bottles... :ph34r:

No worries Stu. ATM there are only 23 swappers (including yourself) out of a maxium of 26. If you can go by the guidelines & supply those 23 with 23 PET bottles you will need even less beer than you may have anticipated.
Looking forward to having a beer with you.

TP :beer:

At the current sampling rate, I would be lucky to make 1 PET bottle

Talking of PET bottles.....I dont have any...... :huh:

At the current sampling rate, I would be lucky to make 1 PET bottle

Talking of PET bottles.....I dont have any...... :huh:

Oh well... Drag a keg of whatever you do have along... and we will try and get too pissed to notice you didnt bring any swap beer..
Sounds fair to me.. :D

Sqyre... ;)

I will have " Drink at Sqyres beer" also

But the "swap" beer has dangerous taste qualities ... hence the problem

Might go and re-sample as I speak ( or type), strictly for quality control purposes only.... :unsure:

And the Jerky should be a go.....as long as the Kitchen is finished by 24/11/07..give or take an election or two

Any chance someone could drag a decent sized BBQ along with them??
We had 2 last year which worked a treat for the breaky fry up..
or did we have 3?

And the question has been raised about name tags...
The ones we had last year were awesome.. I think Rossco knocked them up ..
any chance we can get some more for this year Ross???

Sqyre... ;)

Sqyre,
maybe we should look at cutting the swap numbers down now we've had some withdrawls. Make bottling and labeling easier (and then I don't have to buy some more @#$%& PET bottles ;) )

Sqyre,
maybe we should look at cutting the swap numbers down now we've had some withdrawls. Make bottling and labeling easier (and then I don't have to buy some more @#$%& PET bottles ;) )

Sounds good, we usually have a closing date to confirm numbers for the bottling boys.

Just finished bottling. I didn't think I was going to get there with the bottle numbers, but in the end it all worked out just right.

One thing I did have problems with this time was finding PET bottles. I had to go to 4 different locations before finding someone with stock. Hopefully that's a good sign of more people home brewing.

Latest posts

Back