QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow said:
You're on the money with the batch size, Ross. Don't forget to make enough so you try at least one bottle of your own beer, though :)

I have to say, though, that it's my preference for everyone to make 2 batches of different beer, then we get much more variety! I'm definitely making 2 different beers. I'm bottling the Belgian Wit tonight, so it will be nice and mellow by December :chug:

I think name tags, with both real and AHB handle are a good idea.

Cheers - Snow.
[post="76592"][/post]​

Snow, I'm putting a couple of kegs away for the xmas case - will bottle them the day before we meet.

If you guys want to put your real name next to your avitars on the list - I'll get some tags made up for the day...

Nice to hear everyone is working on the Xmas case. I have been really busy of late and have not brewed anything for a month, the next chance I get I will do my Xmas contribution and put it away - Out of sight out of mind. :ph34r:

Really looking forward to meeting you all and sharing a few beers. :party:

Hi all

Hope this isn't too late but I was thinking about joining the christmas case. If I am too late I might come along and put a few faces to names any way. Also would like to see someone elses all grain in process.

Regards Derrick

Crazy said:
Hi all

Hope this isn't too late but I was thinking about joining the christmas case. If I am too late I might come along and put a few faces to names any way. Also would like to see someone elses all grain in process.

Regards Derrick
[post="78269"][/post]​
The more the merrier as far as I am concerned but we need to cut it off soon or it maybe too late already as some brewers have already done their case contribution and I will be doing mine this weekend.

What is the cut off date? I may hold off doing my contribution until then to make sure of numbers.

I'll have to drop out guys. I haven't been brewing as the brewery has been packed up ready to move, and it probably won't be ready for another month.
If at that time the cases haven't been sent, i'll brew something up that doesn't reqire lots of aging.

jgriffin said:
I'll have to drop out guys. I haven't been brewing as the brewery has been packed up ready to move, and it probably won't be ready for another month.
If at that time the cases haven't been sent, i'll brew something up that doesn't reqire lots of aging.
[post="78281"][/post]​

So I guess Crazy Derrick can take Jgriffin's place? It's OK with me if it's ok with you guys...

As for a cut-off date....how about today? :p

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
jgriffin said:
[post="78281"][/post]​

So I guess Crazy Derrick can take Jgriffin's place? It's OK with me if it's ok with you guys...

Cheers - Snow
[post="78455"][/post]​

I thought we had a cut off date. See #131

:beer:
PeterS....

Snow said:
jgriffin said:
[post="78281"][/post]​

Cheers - Snow
[post="78455"][/post]​

Snow, from John's post I'm not sure whether he has pulled out or not...
I've pm'd him & waiting a reply...

cheers Ross

This was happening on the 3rd Dec. correct?

Just checking , I don't want to miss this one so will have to put off work if it comes up....bummer hey? :beerbang:

Batz

Batz said:
This was happening on the 3rd Dec. correct?

Just checking , I don't want to miss this one so will have to put off work if it comes up....bummer hey? :beerbang:

Batz
[post="78516"][/post]​

Yep, 3rd confirmed :party:

Peter Shane said:
PeterS....
[post="78491"][/post]​
I thought it was all finalised too???
I will have enough for extras but others may have brewed close to the right volume and be short if we add on more at this stage?

Hoops

Just to confirm for us numbnuts who can't keep up with who is in/out.

How many bottles of what size do we now need to bring on the 3rd?

Ross, what is the public transport situation like down your way, are you anywhere near a railway station? I can see me getting smashed and don't fancy the drive home after several homebrews. I would stay but have prior engagements for the Sunday.

Hoops said:
Peter Shane said:
PeterS....
[post="78491"][/post]​
I thought it was all finalised too???
I will have enough for extras but others may have brewed close to the right volume and be short if we add on more at this stage?

Hoops
[post="78533"][/post]​

hoops, no-ones asking for more entries - Snow just asked if his mate could replace John, if he drops out....

Brizbrew said:

Ross, what is the public transport situation like down your way, are you anywhere near a railway station? I can see me getting smashed and don't fancy the drive home after several homebrews. I would stay but have prior engagements for the Sunday.
[post="78538"][/post]​

Brizbrew,

Not sure of public transport as never used it. Train Station is at Cleveland, I'm sure we can get you there if need be. Happy to collect anyone from nearby who wants to use public transport - But suggest we finalise details a bit nearer the time when we know for certain what peoples plans are.
Case is closed - total number is 18 Therefore you need to bring 17 x 2 x750ml = 25.5L or 34 bottles. By using same, everyone will get back the same bottles they put in...

Ross said:
Brizbrew said:

[post="78538"][/post]​

Brizbrew,

Not sure of public transport as never used it. Train Station is at Cleveland, I'm sure we can get you there if need be. Happy to collect anyone from nearby who wants to use public transport - But suggest we finalise details a bit nearer the time when we know for certain what peoples plans are.
Case is closed - total number is 18 Therefore you need to bring 17 x 2 x750ml = 25.5L or 34 bottles. By using same, everyone will get back the same bottles they put in...
[post="78549"][/post]​

I need to work something out as well Brisbrew.
I can just imagine Brisbrew and I on the same train. Each carrying 3 cartons of tallies. You won't have much trouble identifying us Ross, we won't need a name tag, just look for a porter pushing a trolly with 6 cartons of grog, we will be right behind him. If that is not bad enough, and quote " everyone will get back the same bottles they put in..." unquote. Them tallies are going to be mighty heavy by the end of the day... :D :blink: :D

PeterS....

Peter Shane said:
I need to work something out as well Brisbrew.
I can just imagine Brisbrew and I on the same train. Each carrying 3 cartons of tallies. You won't have much trouble identifying us Ross, we won't need a name tag, just look for a porter pushing a trolly with 6 cartons of grog, we will be right behind him. If that is not bad enough, and quote " everyone will get back the same bottles they put in..." unquote. Them tallies are going to be mighty heavy by the end of the day... :D

PeterS....
[post="78567"][/post]​

Peter,

For those not wanting to stay over I'm sure we can arrange something - neither of you guys are that far away to deliver/collect beers - I'd happily do a local milk run with some cases if needed... :beer:

Couldn't keep my lips off the Schwarzbier & Oktoberfest I put down for the xmas case before going on my UK trip - So just put down another 2 batches today, should be just nicely lagered by brew day :D ...

I tried a Xmas Alt , the one we did when the short SA guy was here , hops are starting to fade a bit :(

Batz

maybe place a few hops in a zip bag attached to the alt bottle so you can chew and drink for that extra bitterness batz. ;)

D

Batz said:
I tried a Xmas Alt , the one we did when the short SA guy was here , hops are starting to fade a bit :(

Batz
[post="80180"][/post]​

Good excuse to drink it & put down another :chug: :D

Latest posts

Back