QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - APA
3. sluggerdog - German Pils & Munich Helles
4. nonicman - ?
5. batz - Alt & Smoked Porter
6. Brizbrew - Stout
7. jgriffin - ?
8. AndrewQLD - Belgian Wit & Australian Pale Ale
9. ozbrewer - Belgian spiced ale
10. Snow - Bavarian Hefeweizen & Belgian Wit
11. mobrien (Matt) - NFI!
12. Tidalpete - London Ale
13. Dave Bunzli - ?
14. Mothballs - Porter & Lager
15. Altstart - ?
16. Bindi - ?
17. Peter Shane - 60's Aussie Ale.

Updated

Ross said:
Batz said:
I tried a Xmas Alt , the one we did when the short SA guy was here , hops are starting to fade a bit :(

Batz
[post="80180"][/post]​

Good excuse to drink it & put down another :chug: :D
[post="80207"][/post]​

Well it got a silver Ross , and had another the other day and liked it.
Tidalpete took one with him to his mates as well,( after a quick visit to Batz Brewery) , got good reports.
So that's what your getting ;)

Batz

Sounds good Batz :D I'll be splitting mine between a Schwarzbier & an Oktoberfest. Got 2 of each lagering as we speak, will pick the best 2 in a fortnights time for the case...

My smokie Porter as well Ross

Gunna be a big night mate :beer: :beerbang: :party: :super:

Batz

Kegged & filtered 5 brews today...

Made 2 x Oktoberfest & 2 x Schwarzbier - Taste testing the kegs now, trying to decide which will be the xmas case choice :chug:

Mmmmmm... Oktoberfest chosen - Going back for another opinion on the Schwarz :D

Hi guys,

I didn't want to do this, but I'm going to have to pull out of the christmas case :(

We moved 6 weeks ago, and despite the best laid plans, the AG setup is still in storage, and looks about 2 weeks away from seeing the light of day - and that just doesn't give me time to get the brew done. I had hoped to get it out this weekend, but its a no go.

I hope this doesn't black-ban me for next year!

Apologies again,

Matt

mobrien said:
Hi guys,

I didn't want to do this, but I'm going to have to pull out of the christmas case :(

We moved 6 weeks ago, and despite the best laid plans, the AG setup is still in storage, and looks about 2 weeks away from seeing the light of day - and that just doesn't give me time to get the brew done. I had hoped to get it out this weekend, but its a no go.

Apologies again,

Matt
[post="88579"][/post]​

mobrien, you don't have to do an AG for your contribution, why not just do a simple K+K, atleast this way your still in and get to enjoy others brews..

No dramas about that, I have too only recently moved (while longer then you though) and really didn't find I had enough time to get the brew I wanted so I'm afraid that my contribution is not my best work.. but shit happens.

next year I'll plan ahead.

Cheers

mobrien, if you do pull out I will happily take your place, I am kicking myself I didn't jump in at the beginning.

Cheers
Jye

Due to work I haven't breweed in over 2 months :( and wasn't happy with my 1st APA so today is the day. I have just fired the HLT up, cracked the grain yesterday and the 1056 starter is going great guns.

mobrien said:
Hi guys,

Apologies again,

Matt
[post="88579"][/post]​

Mobrien,

If you would still like to do a beer, I'm more than happy for you to come down & brew one on my set-up if that helps? - Otherwise, let Jye take your place - your choice.
Either way, hope you are still on for the day? - It's not restricted to the case swap members... :party:

P.S. Did you want any hops in the bulk buy? It's closing soon...

Jye: The spot is all yours! Enjoy! That works out well.

Ross: Thanks for the offer, but time is also the issue! I'm building a shed, and have to have the drive done by next weekend... This new house business is fun, but it sure takes time! I'll still be at the brewday - that square on the calandar has been filled for a while! :D I'm right for hops at the moment, thanks for the offer - I'll jump in next time when I am set up again!

Matt

Cheers mobrien,

Looks like I will be bringing an APA and Honey Wheat since thats what I have fermenting at the moment, the APA should be good but unfortunately there isnt enough for 32 bottles so you will have to suffer with the untested honey wheat :p

Can't wait
Jye :beer:

Nice to see this thread popping up again. Everytime I go under the house now I see the bottles ready for the Xmas case swap and it fills me with dread because these are only my second AG and I only made enough for the case so I have not even tested them. :unsure: You are my guinea pigs :super:

Looking forward to meeting you all in a months time.

Batz said:
I tried a Xmas Alt , the one we did when the short SA guy was here , hops are starting to fade a bit :(

Batz
[post="80180"][/post]​

It wasn't my fault :angry:

Oh, I see - you mean the really short SA guy :lol:

merry xmas, Queenslanders :party:

Bugger ! :angry:

Bad news....well bad news for me , perhaps good news for you lot

I can't make the Xmas Case swap , have to go away for work :(

Sorry Ross , I hope you all have a good one.

Batz

Batz said:
Bugger ! :angry:

Bad news....well bad news for me , perhaps good news for you lot

I can't make the Xmas Case swap , have to go away for work :(

Sorry Ross , I hope you all have a good one.

Batz
[post="91222"][/post]​

Batz,

Bugger - That's a real shame - I trust you're still in the case swap though?
should be pretty easy to get yours collected/delivered before the day & then we can arrange pickup/delivery when you get back??

Cheers Ross

I would be happy to pick up and drop off Batz's Xmas case when i come down from Bundaberg. And I could even take his case back as well.

Cheers Andrew

Latest posts

Back