QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, one of my mates has pulled out, and the other one has confirmed. So, adding Bindi, I now calculate the list as:

1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - APA
3. sluggerdog - Pils
4. nonicman - ?
5. batz - Alt & Smoked Porter
6. Brizbrew - Stout
7. jgriffin - ?
8. AndrewQLD - Belgian Wit & Australian Pale Ale
9. ozbrewer - Belgian spiced ale
10. Snow - Bavarian Hefeweizen & Belgian Wit
11. mobrien (Matt) - NFI!
12. tidalpete - chilli beer or dry stout
13. Peter Shane - "60s Aussie Ale"
14. Dave Bunzli - ?
15. Mothballs - Porter & Lager
16. Altstart - ?
17. Bindi - ?

I'm planning on bulk priming by brews in the bottle, but I'm not fussed how everone else primes theirs.

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
Ok, one of my mates has pulled out, and the other one has confirmed. So, adding Bindi, I now calculate the list as:

1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - APA
3. sluggerdog - Pils
4. nonicman - ?
6. Brizbrew - Stout
7. jgriffin - ?
12. Tidalpete - London Ale
13. Peter Shane - "60s Aussie Ale"
14. Dave Bunzli - ?
15. Mothballs - Porter & Lager
16. Altstart - ?
17. Bindi - ?

I'm planning on bulk priming by brews in the bottle, but I'm not fussed how everone else primes theirs.

Cheers - Snow
[post="75755"][/post]​

Tidalpete said:
Snow said:

1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - APA
3. sluggerdog - Pils
4. nonicman - ?
6. Brizbrew - Stout
7. jgriffin - ?
12. Tidalpete - London Ale
13. Dave Bunzli - ?
14. Mothballs - Porter & Lager
15. Altstart - ?
15. Bindi - ?
16. Peter Shane - 60's Aussie Ale.

Cheers - Snow
[post="75755"][/post]​
[post="75817"][/post]​

Cheers.
:beer:
PeterS....

Would it be too late for me to join this Xmas case? I have only just seen this thread and am sorry for the late show but I could take the place of Peter Shane if nobody minds, it will help keep the numbers even.

I brew Ag and am looking forward to my 20th Ag brew this weekend. A Schwarzbier.

Brains SA said:
Would it be too late for me to join this Xmas case? I have only just seen this thread and am sorry for the late show but I could take the place of Peter Shane if nobody minds, it will help keep the numbers even.

I brew Ag and am looking forward to my 20th Ag brew this weekend. A Schwarzbier.
[post="75832"][/post]​

Where are you based Brains?

Peter Shane said:
Sorry guys. I just deleted myself from the list. It appears on current planning that I might not be around in most of Dec. As things are at planning stage at this moment, it is best for me to pull out at now rather than to commit and cancel later.

Cheers.
PeterS....
[post="75830"][/post]​

Hey Peter Shane,
Hope that if your December plans come to nought you will still be going to Ross's on the 3rd (Xmas Caseless or not). I was hoping to have a beer with you for Christmas. :(

Peter,

Easier to pull out at last minute than get re-included - won't be any drama drinking the beers for your case on the brew day if you cancel - so if you think there's a chance of being avaiable, include yourself back in mate - Either way, would love to see you at the brew day, if you're around... :beer:

Ross said:
Peter,

Easier to pull out at last minute than get re-included - won't be any drama drinking the beers for your case on the brew day if you cancel - so if you think there's a chance of being avaiable, include yourself back in mate - Either way, would love to see you at the brew day, if you're around... :beer:
[post="75950"][/post]​

OK. Leave me in than. I am planning to go to the states to see my brother early Dec but it is very uncertain at this stage. Besides, I have no date in mind and my case is already brewed, just need to add a few more to it to make the numbers.

PeterS....

Ross said:
Brains SA said:

[post="75832"][/post]​

Where are you based Brains?
[post="75833"][/post]​
I am based at New Farm at the moment but will be moving shortly to Jindalee.

Am I in or..... :party:

I'd say yes, what about everyone else?

we'll have to pull up with entries ASAP. I might be brewing my case on the weekend if time is on my side. Would be good if I could do the one batch in one hit so I'll need numbers before I start..

Brings it up to a 24L batch which is fine by me - but if anyone objects, please shout now, as it is officially closed...

I dont have any objections at all. Ross what are the numbers?.

Cheers Altstart

Thought of the Day.
The backs of 17? beer coasters combined with 17? safety pins would make great name tags to help the memory deficient (Am I alone here? :ph34r: ) remember the names of all those blokes I've just met for the first time whilst getting (Quietly :blink: ) sozzled.

Ross said:
Brings it up to a 24L batch which is fine by me - but if anyone objects, please shout now, as it is officially closed...
[post="76105"][/post]​

Ross,

I think you'll need more than a 24L batch. With 2 tallies (750ml each) for 18 people, that makes 27L, plus losses from racking. Or you could make 2 smaller batches....

- Snow

Snow - 17 entrants means 16 beers (unless you want your own)
16 x 2 x 750ml = 24L or am I missing someone?

This works great for a 26L batch which is my usual quantity...

Edit: just seen we got 2 x No.15 so 17 x 2 x750ml = 25.5L, so guess I'll up the batch size a tad...

im easy......only problem is I havent brewed mine yet, and being a big beer if i dont get it doen in the next 2 weeks ill have to change to something else

Has Ross put the knocker on my name tag idea? :(
Is the moon made of green cheese?
Is the Pope a Catholic?
I'm in for a hard time. :blink:

Tidalpete said:
Has Ross put the knocker on my name tag idea? :(
Is the Pope a Catholic?
I'm in for a hard time. :blink:

[post="76295"][/post]​

Name tag probably a good idea - other than the fact I don't many of your real names - lol...

Ross said:
Tidalpete said:
Has Ross put the knocker on my name tag idea?
Is the Pope a Catholic?
I'm in for a hard time.

[post="76295"][/post]​

Name tag probably a good idea - other than the fact I don't many of your real names
[post="76302"][/post]​

Maybe make em up with everyone's forum name & get them to put their own name on as they arrive on the day if you think it's worth the trouble. It was only a suggestion. :rolleyes:

You're on the money with the batch size, Ross. Don't forget to make enough so you try at least one bottle of your own beer, though :)

I have to say, though, that it's my preference for everyone to make 2 batches of different beer, then we get much more variety! I'm definitely making 2 different beers. I'm bottling the Belgian Wit tonight, so it will be nice and mellow by December :chug:

I think name tags, with both real and AHB handle are a good idea.

Cheers - Snow.

Back