QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the 3rd. No one is organising it - it's a collaborative effort by osmosis... :blink:
Last count we are at 15 people.

I am happy to do 2 different brews and bring 14 tallies of each.

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
It's the 3rd. No one is organising it - it's a collaborative effort by osmosis... :blink:

Cheers - Snow
[post="69585"][/post]​

Sounds great!

Will need a couple of extras to drink at Ross's place as well.

I am going along with the flow here , put a cap on it now if wanted

Batz

I am interested to join the Qld xmas case if it is not too late. If we are doing 2 brews I will probably do a partial porter and lager. Should be a great day. I will just have to talk SWMBO into driving and picking me up.

Cheers
:beer:
mothballs

Snow said:

Cheers - Snow
[post="69585"][/post]​

I am committed whatever number and whatever date. Just a small observation snow, 2 different brews at 14 tallies each makes 28 tallies. The current start consensus is 2 tallies x 15 starters = 30 tallies, your contribution is only 28.? At his total, we can all contribute evenly at around 30 bottles each, however, we are at a brink as not all brews will result in 30 bottles, therefore we need to include volumes from another batch perhaps to make up to total. That is fine, the more choices to taste the better it is. providing the distribution is even. to make it easier on the guy who is sorting it out...

:chug:
PeterS....

LIST UPDATED

1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - ?
3. sluggerdog - Pils
4. nonicman - ?
5. batz - Alt
6. Brizbrew - ?
7. jgriffin - ?
8. AndrewQLD - belgian Wit
9. ozbrewer - belgian spiced ale
10. Snow - Bavarian Hefeweizen
11. mobrien (Matt) - NFI!
12. tidalpete - chilli beer or dry stout (dry stout please - lol)
13. Peter Shane - Pils
14. Snow Friend A
15. Snow Friend B
16. Mothballs

So we'd be up for:
24 litres with 800ml tallies
22.5 litres with 750ml tallies
21 litres with 700ml tallies
19.5 litres with coopers plastic bottles

If 2 tallies (translated to longnecks, how do you get tallie from a longneck?) are the go, are 4 stubbies acceptable? I only have pick axe 750's, which would be given away only via my will. Can always do a recycle bin raid I guess.

No idea what I'll brew yet.

yes, the 3rds the date at my place - swmbo has given it the thumbs up :party:

Any one who wants to stay over so they can enjoy a good drink is more than welcome, just bring a swag & pillow - One double bed available, otherwise it's the floor in the games room (beer on tap mind).

As it appears that everyone is hoping to deliver/collect their beers on the 3rd, i don't see that it makes much difference if some would rather make 375ml bottles, but for ease of transportation, certainly the 750ml bottles make more sense.

whichever way I'm happy to go with the flow & sept 1st for cut off gets my vote too...

Mothballs said:
I am interested to join the Qld xmas case if it is not too late. If we are doing 2 brews I will probably do a partial porter and lager. Should be a great day. I will just have to talk SWMBO into driving and picking me up.

Cheers
mothballs
[post="69603"][/post]​

Jump in quick Mothballs ! Be in the case or be square :lol:

Ross I am in for a sleep over , please reserve some floor space for the Batz

Batz

Batz said:
Ross I am in for a sleep over , please reserve some floor space for the Batz

Batz
[post="69655"][/post]​

Me too Ross, will have to get brewing.. kegs were drunk dry on the weekend. :beer:

If you don't mind Ross I would like to bunk down on the floor as well, if there is still any room :( . And i had better get brewing too :p :party:

Cheers
Andrew

Brizbrew said:
I would like to try as many of your brews as possible, it will be a very merry Xmas.

I have not got a clue what I will be adding to the case yet but whatever it is don't be too critical as I have not even fired up my AG setup in anger yet. :party:

Maybe A Stout if no-one objects? :chug:
[post="69483"][/post]​

Join the club Brizbrew. :party:

Tidalpete said:
Join the club Brizbrew. :party:

[post="69663"][/post]​

I think it is around 90 percent sure to be a stout because it will help hide my mistakes a bit better than a lager or lighter beer.
I will bring 2 750's :super:
I'm not sure if my licence will extend to a sleepover yet, I will consult the missus when the moment is right. :ph34r:

Peter,

I said 28 tallies, because I was only providing for 14 people (i.e not including myself). However, with Mothballs in on the deal, I'll be bringing 30! :beer:

If people don't want to give away their treasured pick axe bottles, surely the PET bottles would be ok? Of course, if everyone brings 750ml pick axe bottles, then everyone ends up with pick axe bottles! So......I guess I'm fine with using pick axe bottles! :blink: Gee I confuse myself sometimes......

Ross, I think I'll bring my swag for a sleepover, if you don't mind, in the interests of keeping my marriage intact :huh:

Cheers - Snow

OK - I need suggestions for what I should brew for this. I'm going to do two Ag's after the success of my first AG yesterday. Both need to be ales, as I won't be able to brew these for three weeks or so, and will need to get them through.

I'm a beginner AGer, but started with a wit - so whatever that means....

Anyway - suggestions/requests - I'll try anything once and most things twice!

Fire away

Matt

mobrien Posted Today, 12:30 PM
OK - I need suggestions for what I should brew for this. I'm going to do two Ag's after the success of my first AG yesterday. Both need to be ales, as I won't be able to brew these for three weeks or so, and will need to get them through.

I'm a beginner AGer, but started with a wit - so whatever that means....

Anyway - suggestions/requests - I'll try anything once and most things twice!

Fire away

Matt

What about a nice Pale Ale or IPA? I would'nt mind drinking a couple of those :p

Andrew

I don't really care all beers are good

If you have a win with the brew you did yesterday then surely that's a good start

Batz

Batz said:
If you have a win with the brew you did yesterday then surely that's a good start

[post="70450"][/post]​

sounds like a good idea to me, good to do something you have done before!

This Xmas brewday really sounds great. I am going to do my very best to be at the Ross residence on 3-12-05 with my "SUPRISE" :lol: contribution to the Qld AHB Xmas Case 2005. If I make it I will need floor space to collapse on after sampling all those promised great beers.
As a computer illiterate I need advice on how to make a decent label for my contribution. Peter Shane had a great label on his tallies at Batz's Big Brew Day. Any help there Peter? :blink: I am only (reasonably) proficient at MS Word & MS Outlook & do not have Publisher. Batz, I forget your advice on this matter. Your recent hospitality has destroyed approx half of my memory cells. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back