QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tidalpete said:
Batz, I forget your advice on this matter. Your recent hospitality has destroyed approx half of my memory cells. :rolleyes:

:beer:
[post="70495"][/post]​

Have you been to my place?

Batz :lol:

:party:
Is it too late to put my hand up for this. Ive only just found this thread. I live local to Ross and would be more than willing to assist with the organisation side as well. It is an excellent idea.
Cheers Altstart

Sept 1st was the consensus for cut off, so welcome altstart - Snow have you got names for friends A & B? Are they starters?

So a 24L batch needed for a single brew (16 x 750ml) or 2 x12L.

LIST UPDATED

1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - ?
3. sluggerdog - Pils
4. nonicman - ?
5. batz - Alt
6. Brizbrew - ?
7. jgriffin - ?
8. AndrewQLD - belgian Wit
9. ozbrewer - belgian spiced ale
10. Snow - Bavarian Hefeweizen
11. mobrien (Matt) - NFI!
12. tidalpete - chilli beer or dry stout (dry stout please - lol)
13. Peter Shane - Pils
14. Snow Friend A
15. Snow Friend B
16. Mothballs
17. Altstart.

Getting bigger all the time :beerbang:

Going to be some sampling over Xmas :beer:

Batz

I'll confirm with them asap.

- Snow

OK been away for 2 weeks and looks like I've missed a bit, where do I start.....
I am still planning on doing an Amarillo APA but with 17 people & counting I might need to do a double batch.
For those unsure of what to brew I don't think anyone will be too concerned if we get 2 of the same type of beer, I mean if I get 4 tallies of Witbier or stout I won't be complaining :D

Nonicman - I picked up a heap of XXXX tallies on the way home today from a recycling place so I have a heap if you want some (Screwtop though - is that kosher?)

Batz - I would love some more of that smoked porter so feel free to put some in the Xmas case.

Ross - hope to be there at the brew day and will definitely crash if there's room somewhere. Looking foward to it.

Better get brewing soon.
Everyone else know what they're brewing yet?

Hoops

1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - APA
3. sluggerdog - Pils
4. nonicman - ?
5. batz - Alt & Smoked Porter
6. Brizbrew - Stout
7. jgriffin - ?
8. AndrewQLD - Belgian Wit & Australian Pale Ale
9. ozbrewer - Belgian spiced ale
10. Snow - Bavarian Hefeweizen
11. mobrien (Matt) - NFI!
12. tidalpete - chilli beer or dry stout
13. Peter Shane - "60s Aussie Ale"
14. Snow Friend (Dave Bunzli) - ?
15. Snow Friend B - ?
16. Mothballs - Porter & Lager
17. Altstart - ?

Exellent is it not? :party:

I have to hit the recycling tomorrow for some tallies too , the GMK/Batz brew day Alt Xmas case is bottled.
Smoked Porter yet to brew

Ross I will bring my swag , I can sleep anywhere inside or out

Batz

Hoops said:
Everyone else know what they're brewing yet?

Tidalpete - chilli beer or dry stout

I know you love my Chilli Hoops,
Dancing-Chilli.gif

but my "Suprise" for the Xmas Case may well be a London Ale (My last partial before my big AG debut). Depends on how my first effort, which is now 3 weeks old, tastes in a few days?

Room inside for everyone - plenty of floor space - that's if anyone wants to sleep... :D

Ross said:
Room inside for everyone - plenty of floor space - that's if anyone wants to sleep... :D
[post="71841"][/post]​

I really want to get to this one at your place Ross & am trying to get out of a trip away about the same time. It's looking good though ;) & I will know for sure in a week or two. I will need some of that floor space you mentioned. :)

Tidalpete said:
Ross said:
Room inside for everyone - plenty of floor space - that's if anyone wants to sleep
[post="71841"][/post]​

I really want to get to this one at your place Ross & am trying to get out of a trip away about the same time. It's looking good though & I will know for sure in a week or two. I will need some of that floor space you mentioned.

[post="71864"][/post]​

I'll be coming Ross & am looking forward to meeting you all. :beerbang: The rellies have put off my visit that was organised. :super:

Batz said:
I have to hit the recycling tomorrow for some tallies too , the GMK/Batz brew day Alt Xmas case is bottled.
Smoked Porter yet to brew

Batz
[post="71820"][/post]​

Where did you get those new (thick walled) carboard cartons from Batz? :blink:
Was it local? :blink:

Re-asking an earlier question that got no response (unless I missed it)...

Is there a preference to primed bottles, or are people equally happy with freshly bottled "force carbonated"??

I'm happy doing either, just think my kegs produce a better quality beer than my bottle primed, & I'm not making a beer benefitting from long term cellering...

Any thoughts??...

Ross said:

Is there a preference to primed bottles, or are people equally happy with freshly bottled "force carbonated"??

I'm happy doing either, just think my kegs produce a better quality beer than my bottle primed, & I'm not making a beer benefitting from long term cellering...

Any thoughts??...
[post="74257"][/post]​

Ross,
It makes no difference to me what method of carbonation is used. If it makes it easier for you I will just take the kegs off your hands to save you all that time consuming bottling :lol:

Cheers
Motthballs

Ross said:

Any thoughts??...
[post="74257"][/post]​

I'm easy Ross. I think that it's a matter of personal choice. If you think your beer will be better "force carbonated", then do it. I don't think that anyone is going to worry too much. :)

Tidalpete said:
Ross said:

Any thoughts??...
[post="74257"][/post]​

Ross, if you are happy drinking my bottled conditioned lot, than I am happy drinking your force carbonated. I have no choice, I brew an AG batch, but I bottle prime at this stage. By the way, put me down for a floor space as well please...

Peter S....

Ross said:

Any thoughts??...
[post="74257"][/post]​

Does not worry me

But beware :ph34r:

Your brewing reputation is one the line here :party:

Batz

Batz said:
Does not worry me

But beware :ph34r:

Your brewing reputation is one the line here :party:

Batz
[post="74290"][/post]​

mine & 16 others :D :D

Might bottle my current schwarzbier that's been lagering for 8 weeks & brew another closer to the date as backup - lol...

Only just found this post, put me me in.
I have have 250 Grolsch and 250+ tallies full [apart from a big weekend] of mixed Grumpys partials [plus my own] and 4 AGs, the Grumpys are Boston Cream,Muldoons,Windjammer,Kilkenny,Colonial stout,Brown ale etc partial and AG ales. plus one in prim ferm and two in 2nd ferm and one in cc. I use Wyeast 1007,1056,1335,3333,1968,1332 and others I can't remember the numbers of.
I am sure I have something to please everyone in this lot.

Back