QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoops, your pretty quiet, what can we expect from you?

Andrew

What about Hoops APA , after tasting that on the weekend I would be more than happy to find a bottle of that in my case :super:

Batz

Batz Posted Today, 07:47 AM
What about Hoops APA , after tasting that on the weekend I would be more than happy to find a bottle of that in my case

Batz

Yeah an amarillo APA, it was very nice. Go for it Hoops.

Andrew

Sorry guys, flat out ATM, was thinking Wit - but that's taken, oatmeal stout - someones doing a stout.
Have TDA's Leffe Blonde in the fridge so will keg that this weekend and see how it goes. Originally I wasn't going to do an APA as i thought there would be heaps of them but an all Amarillo APA might be on the cards I think.

Hoops

[/quote]

Oh, all right than. I also got a kick in the behind from Ross for not fronting up, so I guess my excuses will not be enough. As to what to brew, I will think of that later, but I think a nice Pilsner is on the cards.

:chug:
PeterS....
[post="68693"][/post]​
[/quote]

Looking at the latest list of offerings and since there is already a Pils on the menu I will change and give the "60's Aussie Ale" another go. That was my first AG and apart from me, it appears, AndrewQ also liked it. I could try another Alt, but that is also taken...
Let me know if that is OK..

:beer:
PeterS....

Man this is going to be a huge case! Are we still doing 2 tallies per man? I might have to do a double batch! :blink:

- Snow

Snow said:
Man this is going to be a huge case! Are we still doing 2 tallies per man? I might have to do a double batch! :blink:

- Snow
[post="68764"][/post]​

Not yet snow. By my calculations, we have 13 starters, that is 26 bottles. with a 23L batch you get about 30 bottles, that means we can still have another two starters before we are thinking of a double batch. Or, am I missing something?

PeterS....

I think with my racking procedures, I usually lose a few litres and get around 24-26 tallies. However, If I do a 25L batch and use a few of those 700ml PET bottles, I should be right.

Cheers - Snow

So guys, are we content to stick with 13 starters, or can we fit in 2 more? If you are ok with 2 more, I have 2 brewing friends who are keen to join up. A few of you would already know one of them - David Bunzli, who was at Jgriffins brew day, as well as mine last year.

Cheers - Snow.

I'm happy with 15, however the only thing is those who would be doing kits, would we be pushing the limits for these guys with the total amount?

Easy for AG or Extra to increase the litres but not as much for the kit brewers..

Any kit brewers within the case?

The more the merrier :party:

Perhaps still two tallies , and if you can't make them the same brew, well two different ones.

My xmas Alt will not make enough bottles , that's cool with me I'll do a smoked Porter as well.

Batz

I would like to try as many of your brews as possible, it will be a very merry Xmas.

I have not got a clue what I will be adding to the case yet but whatever it is don't be too critical as I have not even fired up my AG setup in anger yet. :party:

Maybe A Stout if no-one objects? :chug:

Ok, if it's 2 tallies each I might throw in my coopers pale ale clone (sorta) as well.
this looks like it will be a very merry Xmas :party: .

Andrew

All agreed on 2 tallies then...

Looks like I better get busy brewing on my return - Gonna be a few glasses to fill on the 6th.... :party:

Ross said:
All agreed on 2 tallies then...

Looks like I better get busy brewing on my return - Gonna be a few glasses to fill on the 6th.... :party:
[post="69547"][/post]​

Who said we all agree. no body asked my opinion.. Having said that, it does not matter to me one way or another. It does mean that you need to provide extras in addition to you normal brew quantity. That is fine, the more choices, the more variety to sample. No doubt, as time goes on, more Qlders might join in and we will be told how many to bring. I hope somebody is keeping a count on this to save embarrassment on the end, I am not even sure who is orgainising this without reading back on this threads. From what I remember reading, Ross you will be very busy in the first week of Dec..Is it the 3rd or the 6th?...

PeterS....

I would like to see a cut off number or a set date when we decide to stop accepting brewers. This way we will know exactly how much we need to brew to cover all bottles.

I am planning on brewing this soon.

How about by the 1st of september? this give 3 months to plan before the start of december's delivery date at ross's?

Current List:

1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - ?
3. sluggerdog - Pils
4. nonicman - ?
5. batz - Alt
6. Brizbrew - ?
7. jgriffin - ?
8. AndrewQLD - belgian Wit
9. ozbrewer - belgian spiced ale
10. Snow - Bavarian Hefeweizen
11. mobrien (Matt) - NFI!
12. tidalpete - chilli beer or dry stout (dry stout please - lol)
13. Peter Shane - Pils
14. Snow Friend A
15. Snow Friend B

Hows this looking? anyone missing? styles decided?

Back