QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so far we have:

1. Ross
2. Hoops
3. sluggerdog
4. nonicman
5. batz
6. Brizbrew
7. jgriffin
8. AndrewQLD
9. ozbrewer
10. Snow

AndrewQLD - how do you plan to get your beers down here and the case back up to you?

OK what's the current idea for our QLD case:

2 Tallies/Longnecks/Kingbrowns, or 2 stubbies, or 4 stubbies?
Do we want to include a recipe?
When do we want to collect and distribute? (Rough dates)

Hoops

I'd say 2 tallies Each would be good, yeah a recipe might be nice...

I think 2 tallies good as well. If it's supposed to be an xmas case I guess delivery by end November to give time to work out cheapest distributation would be good & see what final numbers we have.

Hoops,

I can courier the bottles down a bit before pick up day and then probably do a run down when there ready to pick up. I could get them couriered back up but the packaging might be a bit of a hassle.

Cheers

Andrew

Maybe a brew day mid December for those interested?
can all bring a case & take a mixed one home...
If some want to stay overnight to enjoy a drink - no probs....

What you reckon??

If you guys want to bottle a brew just for the Xmas Case

That is opposed to kegging and just bottling a couple of odd ones.

Well we could each supply 18 tallies of the same brew , that way everyone would get two bottles of everyones elses brew to sample.

As far as recipes, rather than having sheets of paperwork , if someone likes a brew and want the recipe, it's easy to contact the brewer via this site or email for a copy.

Just a thought many my not find the time to do this, you would end up with 18 tallies of mixed xmas brews :beerbang:

Batz

Probably the amount of tallies we do would depend on the amount of people we end up with, if we end up with 15 people, we might have to make it 1 tallies each...

I would say somewhere around the start of december would be ebst, this way we can start celebrating earlier... xmas starts on december 1st doesn't it?

Thought that's what we were doing Batz - Brewing enough so everyone got 2 tallies of each others brew - hence at moment, need to make 18 tallies for distributing...

OK my thoughts so far:

1. Beers bottled and ready by 1st Dec
2. 2 Tallies
3. The Xmas case should be a special beer, either a tried and tested beer, or something really nice.

Would be good to get all tried and tested brews but that really means I could only do an APA, or maybe a Oatmeal stout as they are really the only brew I have done more than once, and if we go this way we could end up with a case of APAs or very similar beers, so I am thinking of something along the lines of Leffe Blonde, maybe a Wit, but will be able to do a tried and tested backup APA if it doesn't turn out as planned. This also leaves the option of others harvesting the yeast if they want.

Hoops

Sounds good hoops.

I'll be doing a German Pilsner/European Lager or Bohemian Pilsner as this is pretty much all I brew, maybe a budvar clone, I have one in the fermentor now and I'm sure it will be the 'ducks nuts' providing I do not have an infection (mentioned in another thread)

Would be great if we could end up with 10 different brew styles...!

My preference would be for everyone to try and avoid doing an APA if they can, as this is a bit of an over-exposed style in the homebrewing world (they are soooo 2004! :p ). I would much prefer to receive an interesting composition of a broad range of beers, if possible. personally, I plan to do a Belgian wit, or possibly a Bavarian Hefeweizen. Or if my recent robust porter works out, I might do that again.

If we can aim for 2 tallies per person, then that means you can have one straight away and put the other one down for a bit of ageing, if that takes your fancy. I don't mind doing a larger batch to cater for a few more people.

As for delivery dates, I think the earlier in December the better, as x-mas parties start to take over later in the month. Does anyone want to pencil in Saturday 3 December? Ross, a big brew day/night at your place sounds ideal :) .

Cheers - Snow

You can count me in for a brew/sleep over at Ross's place on the 3rd , that's providing I am not called away for a bit of work.

I can also bring down anyone elses brews from this area if needed, and bring back thier case.

Not sure of the brew , smoked porter , oktoberfest , Alt ?

Batz

Well GMK's hinterland brew day will be my addition to the Queensland xmas case.

It will be my latest Altbier , it will also be on tap for a sample on brew day...help brew it..help drink it :party: :party:

Merry Xmas :beerbang:

Batz

I will be onto a real winner with this one, I will hand over 18 bottles of my best effort, akin at the moment to vinegar/sugar/flat lemonade and receive 18 bottles of the good stuff....Result! :super: :D

I will be well up for a brewday at Ross's place. It would be really cool to meet up with you all.

Batz said:
Well GMK's hinterland brew day will be my addition to the Queensland xmas case.

It will be my latest Altbier , it will also be on tap for a sample on brew day...help brew it..help drink it :party: :party:

Merry Xmas :beerbang:

Batz
[post="67913"][/post]​

The Xmas Case Altbier is now bubbling away , thanks to the help of some very friendly brewers.
This is going to be the Batz addition too the xmas case , I suppose it will be bottled and aged for a fair time for an ale ?
Anyone else even thought about brewing thier case yet?

Batz

I will probably be starting mine soonish as I will be either making bo pils or a german pils and want to give it a goood lagering time before we do the swap over...

Sorry guys,

missed Snows original post suggesting the 3rd Dec.

absolutly no problem, we'll make that a firm date which gives everyone heaps of notice...

I've just put into lagering a double batch of Schwarzbier prior to my UK trip for the xmas case. This is probably my favourite tipple at the moment, so here's hoping this one comes upto scratch - If not, i've got an Oktoberfest lagering as well...

I was thinging of CCing this for 3 months & then putting away in a keg for 1 month prior to bottling for everyone on the day before our meet - or would people prefer to have naturally carbonated beer? I just find my draught beers far superior generally, to ones that have been bottle conditioned, but happy either way...

So have people worked out what they're making yet?

Anyone else going to join the Qld ranks - a few more would be nice, how about an invatation to our Northern NSW ranks...

1. Ross - Schwarzbier
2. Hoops - ?
3. sluggerdog - Pils
4. nonicman - ?
5. batz - Alt
6. Brizbrew - ?
7. jgriffin - ?
8. AndrewQLD - belgian Wit
9. ozbrewer - belgian spiced ale
10. Snow - ?

Back