Pumpy Brewery Mk Iv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Here are pictures of my new brewstand

Mk_4.JPG

Mk43.JPG

Mk44.JPG

Mk222.JPG

Nice Pumpy!

So direct fired MT - are you hard plumbing the water/wort side of things, or continuing to use the silicon hoses?

Raven,

I have done away with all the ball valves ,I often remember Screwy saying I had way too many and would often confuse myself on brewday .

Have gone for a Minimalistic approach to the plumbing .
Just have to fit the water filter.

The pipework will just use the Silicone hose

Pumpy

It gets a bit windy where I brew so have included a guard around the Mongolian burners it also protects the Gas lines.

The mash tun is on the left where I put the pump and the control box middle is the HLT right is the Kettle

The gas pumbing is really neat thanks to Franko who has that ability to look at things from a totally different perspective and is so fussy about how things should be :)

Looks great Pumpy. Frankos Red Rocket is having black babies all over the district.

Cheers, Hoges.

So direct fired MT - are you hard plumbing the water/wort side of things, or continuing to use the silicon hoses?

I can tell I have not had my morning coffee yet - I assumed an Electric HLT, not Gas! Whoops!

The pump cord may need shortening or rerouting on brew days so not to cop heat from the burners.

I am contemplating how complicated to make my next brewery setup now the RIMS is coming together. Simpler is certainly a good notion for sure.

Really nice setup mate. :icon_cheers:

I can tell I have not had my morning coffee yet - I assumed an Electric HLT, not Gas! Whoops!

The pump cord may need shortening or rerouting on brew days so not to cop heat from the burners.

I am contemplating how complicated to make my next brewery setup now the RIMS is coming together. Simpler is certainly a good notion for sure.

Really nice setup mate. :icon_cheers:

No its a Gas HLT I just put my imersion heater on timer to get the water heated for when I get up then put the burner on and its up to temp in no time

Yes your right about the cable will do :)

I am waiting for R& D (Franko )to come up with the ideal Hermes or Rims unit :)

I had watched Franko brew on his system and thought that is the way to go

Looks great Pumpy. Frankos Red Rocket is having black babies all over the district.

Cheers, Hoges.

Ha Ha Hoges it was going to be Orange but simpler in Black may Pimp it up later :)

That Looks awesome Pumpy, I will have to join you and Franko for a brew day so I can see what mods I will incorporate in my stand.

Awesome

PJ

Elegant set-up pumpy!

Would it be possible to see a few more pics, esp the gas line plumbing pls.

What type of paint did you use?

cheers

MWS

Great job pumpy - looks very schmick!

Most of all, it looks clean and tidy, hope it stays that way :p

Cheers, Hoges.
Yes I may need to start collecting royalties from the brewstand design lol :lol:

Great job pumpy may it give many many great brews

Franko

That Looks awesome Pumpy, I will have to join you and Franko for a brew day so I can see what mods I will incorporate in my stand.

Awesome

PJ

Count me in on this.

Looks great pumpy. I want one.

Looks great Pumpy, pitty that nice paintjob is going to get trashed near the mongolians, make sure you do your first brew outside or in a well ventilated area, the smell of burning paint is going to be strong.

cheers

Browndog

Great looking brewing unit Pumpy. I just hope you still like beer and brewing. :D

Thats beautiful, Pumpy, a very tidy setup, congratulations :icon_chickcheers:

i wouldnt have expected less mate.

Great work!

Thanks PJ will look forward to a brewday cvan put it on the trailer , I think we learn more from you than us ;)

Markws it was Dulux nothing really stands the high temp .

Hey sera I hope it dont look the same I want to brew beer on it

Frank thanks for all the help mate it would not look the same with out your fastidious touch

Browndog , I love the smell of burning paint in the morning ( quote Apocalypse now ) or was it 'napalm' hey it was you who burnt the sausages at Batz and Chappos ;)

Barry all I ask is that will you put a pic of it in the new Book .

Zwickle coming from you its a true compliment .

Lilo cheers mate .

Tony, You know how we love brewing

thanks Guys

Pumpy :)

Latest posts

Back