Pumpy Brewery Mk Iv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaysus! Enter Pumpy the fish...!

The more I read this thread the more I am thinking simplistic for my brewery upgrades also Pumpy - including the RIMS of course!

Sounds good Raven , that Rims or Hermes unit is still on the list of the clubs R& D boffin ,Franko to come up with optimum design ;)

Raven, I dont drink so much as I have been on a health kick and lost 9.5 Kg I am happy :) more energy it was 10% of my body weight and still plenty of room for beer just need to walk a bit .

pumpy:)

post_670_1278035599_thumb.jpg

Hoping to fire it up this weekend Browndog, that will be the true test of the flame guards ,they only on a few sides as I was worried it may not get enough oxygen when the kettle and HLT on .

Will report back :)

Pumpy

pics after burn as requested

The Flame guard worked better than I thought it was only on two sides so did not scorch the front
Forgot to take a pic of the three flame guards that allowed little scorching to the bar close to it

the burner as you see it is only on simmer

pumpy :)

Burn_1.JPG

burn2.JPG

burn_3.JPG

burn4.JPG

Pumpy

Quick Q - where did you pick up the gas lines

cheers

MWS

Pump, The new rig is an absolute ball-tearer. My complement to you and your design team, I will say it costs a bit to keep him in beer but the results speak for themselves. :p

I have just moved house and have been looking at an overhaul of my brewery, and this has definately given me some inspiration. Are the mongo's low or high pressure and how did you guys do the gas lines (I was looking at going this way also), and yes I must agree "KISS" (Keep is simple stupid) is the best approach.

Now for some good news, next time I come to Sydney for work I want to come out (if thats alright) and have another night like we did last time. Not sure when that will be, but when the travel fairy gets some more cash I'll get in touch. If possible I might even stay for a brew day on the new rig!!

All the best Pumpy and happy brewing.

Jay

Do you have problems with soot from the mongolians running them that low? I had to modify mine by blocking most of the jets (another forum member's idea - their name escapes me) so it could still be run flat out.

Also it has to be asked - how did you get your keggles so shiny? :eek:

Pumpy

Quick Q - where did you pick up the gas lines

cheers

MWS

Bunnings Mark

Pump, The new rig is an absolute ball-tearer. My complement to you and your design team, I will say it costs a bit to keep him in beer but the results speak for themselves. :p

I have just moved house and have been looking at an overhaul of my brewery, and this has definately given me some inspiration. Are the mongo's low or high pressure and how did you guys do the gas lines (I was looking at going this way also), and yes I must agree "KISS" (Keep is simple stupid) is the best approach.

Now for some good news, next time I come to Sydney for work I want to come out (if thats alright) and have another night like we did last time. Not sure when that will be, but when the travel fairy gets some more cash I'll get in touch. If possible I might even stay for a brew day on the new rig!!

All the best Pumpy and happy brewing.

Jay

Cheers Jay

Do you have problems with soot from the mongolians running them that low? I had to modify mine by blocking most of the jets (another forum member's idea - their name escapes me) so it could still be run flat out.

Also it has to be asked - how did you get your keggles so shiny? :eek:

I did not like the Mongolians at first ,but they are fine with the flame guards best thing ever done seems to ignite and burn better always get a little soot on simmer Pumpy :)

Latest posts

Back