Pumpy Brewery Mk Iv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pimped up the brewery thanks to some awesome help from some great mates

DSCF0662.JPG

That crappy writing on the top of those kegs disappear with the help of a flap disc or two mate.

Good work mate, hope mine looks nice as that and soon.

How are you connecting the hose to the filter? Just grabbed a variety of fittings from the big green shed to step down the pipe sizes?

That crappy writing on the top of those kegs disappear with the help of a flap disc or two mate.

Good work mate, hope mine looks nice as that and soon.

How are you connecting the hose to the filter? Just grabbed a variety of fittings from the big green shed to step down the pipe sizes?

Thanks cd brown ,

1/4" BSP to hose connector Blue Drinking water hose from Bunnings

filter_fitting.JPG

I really need to get motivated and build a steel framed brew stand. It is the only dodgy looking bit about my brewery. Great inspiration.

I really need to get motivated and build a steel framed brew stand. It is the only dodgy looking bit about my brewery. Great inspiration.

Fraser John If it inspires just one person it is worth it.

SWMBO keeps reminding me how much I am spending ,

I say well I can always take up Golf as a hobby .

Pumpy :)

SWMBO keeps reminding me how much I am spending ,

Brewing is the best hobby in the world! And SWMBO should be happy that you are around the place when brewing rather than being out and about say if you were to go golfing.

Thats the line I use anyway.

pumpy,
did you sleep with those signs last night?

PS. thanks for the invite last night for a brew day at your joint... :)
PM me next time you brew...

pumpy,
did you sleep with those signs last night?

PS. thanks for the invite last night for a brew day at your joint... :)
PM me next time you brew...

Ha Ha DJ yes I hugged them so hard when I woke up in the morning I had the imprint of the Pumpkin on my forehead ;)

( will let you know when I am brewing better have a trial run first :)

Ha Ha DJ yes I hugged them so hard when I woke up in the morning I had the imprint of the Pumpkin on my forehead ;)

( will let you know when I am brewing better have a trial run first :)

Looks great mate I feel honoured that I could assist in the new Mk IV Pumpy brewery.
Told you that "suprise" was worth it

Franko

Looks great mate I feel honoured that I could assist in the new Mk IV Pumpy brewery.
Told you that "suprise" was worth it

Franko

Franko , 'Assist' , I thought it was me who was assisting you, and when I did something off my own bat you changed it anyway, so I was resolved to phoning you up for approval on the next step .
;)

You have that uncanny attetion to detail which makes it look so Pro .

The final crescendo your conspiring with PJ's to add the crowning glory .

Thanks Guys for some great support :)

Your setup looks great, another bloody inspiration to reach for my wallet! Pardon my ignorance but it looks like all of your kegs have a seem around the middle. Is that the way you found them or did you do some work to make them bigger. For my planned setup I'm thinking I'd want at least 65-80 litres for the kettle to get a true double batch out of it. What are your volumes? I figure you could get that extra volume by frankensteining two kegs together, basically another segment taller..?

Looks fantastic, Pumpy! I love the minimalistic approach. Between Frank, Hogan and yourself, the MALES sure are setting a high bar for brew rig construction :beer:

Poompy,

Sitting here at Chappo Manor I am as jealous as hell at the new rig. Well done to you and the Russian cum Franko connections. I wish you lads were closer. Enjoy my friend and i hope to see it working in the flesh soon.

Cheers and Beers

Chappo

Schooey ,

Thanks mate learnt a lot from your rig at Chappos brewday, I included the whirlpool and that 'termi mesh' you gave me and Franko, for the mashtun, It has stopped the cause of so many boil over its great.

I had so many ball valves on the last brewery and watching Franko brew on his rig the whole operation went so much simpler with the 'transfer of liquids' and the silicone hose and the quick disconnects .

Pumpy :)

Poompy,

Sitting here at Chappo Manor I am as jealous as hell at the new rig. Well done to you and the Russian cum Franko connections. I wish you lads were closer. Enjoy my friend and i hope to see it working in the flesh soon.

Cheers and Beers

Chappo

Chappo thanks for that ,Yours was pretty tidy all that SS .

We sit in Franko garage sipping a beer and when a car pulls up , we jump up in anticipation , It may be Chappo ;)

You always welcome Chappo :)

Pumpy

Your setup looks great, another bloody inspiration to reach for my wallet! Pardon my ignorance but it looks like all of your kegs have a seem around the middle. Is that the way you found them or did you do some work to make them bigger. For my planned setup I'm thinking I'd want at least 65-80 litres for the kettle to get a true double batch out of it. What are your volumes? I figure you could get that extra volume by frankensteining two kegs together, basically another segment taller..?

jakub, I dug them out of the garden, left by the previous owner, they are just 50 litres ,I brew 40 litre batches and if you do two in a day it gives you 80 litres and does not add to much longer to the brewday .

I only drink two litres a day as I am getting old thats enough for me

pumpy

I only drink two litres a day as I am getting old thats enough for me

Jaysus! Enter Pumpy the fish...! :p

The more I read this thread the more I am thinking simplistic for my brewery upgrades also Pumpy - including the RIMS of course! B)

Latest posts

Back