• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Pumps, pumps and pumps.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H0U5ECAT

Reaction score
On Gray's at the mo, there seems to be a good supply of mag pumps available.
Although I can't see the terms food grade being used, they do mention water tank use.

What's your thoughts on these for a rims set up?

http://www.graysonline.com/retail/pump-qb60/homewares-and-gifts/electric-clean-water-pump-35l-min-1-2-hp?spr=true

Or

http://www.graysonline.com/retail/pump-garden-800/homewares-and-gifts/800w-stainless-steel-garden-water-pump-54l-min?spr=true

There's quite as few listed there. These two caught my eye.

Large litre per minute flow in both of them, looks like massive overkill, and possibly not.designed for hot liquids.
This is just my 2c as I haven't used pumps but you might find you have to spend extra coin on restricting the flow only to find it didn't cope with hot wort.

Likely to have lost a batch of wort and $$ on pumps that aren't suitable

So what's a good flow rate for a 40ltr batch?

Are there any pumps that work on the mains pressure of the water that comes out of the tap .

By the looks of it both are direct drive pumps and not suitable for higher temps and not suitable for making your awesome beer mate

Yeah, looked up the specs where I could and looks like they can only do 60 deg Max.
Think I'll sit with my lhbs

Those pumps in the first post aren't suitable for brewing. Not temp rating so almost guaranteed to not be able to handle hot wort. Water pumps also typically have rubber sealing materials that will likely leach flavour into an acidic wort.
Stick with the products purpose-made for the job.

Back to search resultsHome>All Categories>Industry & Business>Mechanical Parts & Fabrication Services>Pumps

24V Water Circulation Pump for Beer/wine brewing Food Grade Home Brewing Pump used for Supercharged, circulating, filtering
Rated 5.0/5 based on 8 customer reviews100.0% of buyers enjoyed this product! (8 votes) 10 orders

Price:

US $36.89 / piece

Bulk Price

Shipping:

Free ShippingtoAustralia via China Post Registered Air Mail
Estimated Delivery Time: 15-45 days (ships out within 7 business days)
Please select the country you want to ship from

Quantity:

piece (93 pieces available)
Purchases are limited to 93 pieces

Total Price:

Depends on the product properties you selectUS $36.89 (Approximately )
This product can't be shipped to the selected region.

Buy NowAdd to Cart
Add to Wish List (39 Adds)

Store Promotion:

close

{C}

Return Policy:

Returns accepted if product not as described, buyer pays return shipping; or keep the product & agree refund with seller. View details

Seller Guarantees:

On-time Delivery50 days
Full refund if product isn't received in 50 days

Buyer Protection
  • Full Refund if you don't receive your order
  • Full or Partial Refund , if the item is not as described
Learn More

Top-rated Seller

Sold By
Z-C Store

China (Mainland) (Shandong)
98.9% Positive feedback
Detailed seller ratings
Visit Store
Add to My Favorite Stores (8 Adds)

Contact Seller
Contact Now
Seller Online
Lira Zhou

What about this one did what wide eyed said used aliexpress
Anyone got one of these any good ???

ah so thats the little brown pump cheers Mardoo
Looks like you need 240v to 24v trany with that one so extra there but $19 is good
The mag pump looks good too for $65

Ah, yes, forgot about that. The Cheeky Pesk one is 12v, the one you posted is 24v. The transformers can be had on eBay for SFA.

Mardoo said:
Many, many Brewers use these in addition to March and Chugger pumps.

https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4270
I have one of these and it works a treat for single and double batches. I use it to recirculate my mash through a RIMS tube (with the rest of my transfers via the magic of Newtonian gravity). Never had an issue with it, although the nylon thread is quite soft, and needs care when attaching stainless fittings to it.

JD

rude said:
ah so thats the little brown pump cheers Mardoo
Looks like you need 240v to 24v trany with that one so extra there but $19 is good
The mag pump looks good too for $65
Grab a plug in phone charger or similar of the suitable voltage,wire it to the pump leads and your set like jelly.

As everyone has said, they aren't suitable for hot wort etc.

But I bought one of the first ones you posted, but at a better price :) . I bought a laundry sink from the Tip which I wanted to put in my brewery as I was sick of having to go out to the taps to wash or rinse anything, plus I live in a block of units so I don't want to have to deal with other residents complaining. I framed up the sink with form ply and then plumbed it to the pump. I also have a power point just underneath the sink that the pump is plugged into, so I can just reach under and switch it on and off. I made a strainer out of the metal fly screen so that it's only liquid getting pumped out and a four tap manifold for my water supply. I now just hook up a hose for water and run a one around the back to a drain.

I used it for the first time on the weekend and the pump worked great. :D

Since seeing your post I have been looking a little bit for a cheaper alternative to the chugger and march pumps as I am considering adding a pump to my system.

have a look at this one. I can't vouch for it, but I can vouch for the boys at Full Pint, they don't sell substandard equipment to my knowledge.

http://www.fullpint.com.au/high-temperature-magnetic-drive-pump-with-1-2-bsp/

The keg king pumps are good, but if you want stainless, there is a replacement stainless head for them as well.

I don't like the shitty plastic threads, they either snap, or just Rio through the threads, I mean.. Sharps metal, thin plastic.. Surely they didn't think it through!

Latest posts

Back