Pubs Vs Bars - Punch Article

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Discovered this place last weekend. Hotel Brunswick (NSW North Coast) - beautifully restored Art Deco pub, note the full tile job inside for easy hosing down after the six o'clock swill in the old days. Pub that God drinks at. (Don't know who the dude is, just a dude) :p Sirloin steaks that will paralyze you.

Brun1__Medium_.jpg
Brun2__Medium_.jpg
Brun3__Medium_.jpg

Discovered this place last weekend. Hotel Brunswick (NSW North Coast) - beautifully restored Art Deco pub, note the full tile job inside for easy hosing down after the six o'clock swill in the old days. Pub that God drinks at. (Don't know who the dude is, just a dude) :p Sirloin steaks that will paralyze you.
I grew up about half an hour north of Bruns. My grandmother used to live there so the town, and later the pub, was where I spent more than half my summers, and most of the year too for that matter.
It's a great pub.
I did a portion of my study for my HSC (year 12 exams) in that beer garden...

I grew up about half an hour north of Bruns. My grandmother used to live there so the town, and later the pub, was where I spent more than half my summers, and most of the year too for that matter.
It's a great pub.
I did a portion of my study for my HSC (year 12 exams) in that beer garden...

Yeah I first went there at a very young age too. Great pub.

I really miss the old beer garden pubs.

View attachment 42262
View attachment 42263
View attachment 42264

Went "camping" a few years ago round the corner from here in the caravan park... best camping ever. Breakfast at the cafe on the corner, lunch and dinner in the beergarden at the pub, then sitting around talking shit all night over a few cartons back the campsite, with a few swims in between all the drinking throughout the day.

Really roughing it.

Sounds like fun except for the camping bit.

Cheers

Paul

Sounds like fun except for the camping bit.

Cheers

Paul

does passing out on an air mattress in a tent qualify as camping?? hehe... twas a good weekend.

Back