McGregor vs Mayweather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
I'm heading to a shit suburban pub on Sunday morning to guzzle cascade pints and watch this. Anyone else?

If I was a betting man, my money would be on the undefeated boxer competing in a boxing match but a couple of things that should at least make it interesting.

1. There is an 11 year age gap between a retired athlete and an athlete at the peak of his career.
2. Mcgregor and mayweather both have an exceptional understanding of their opponent's distance.

Conor has some boxing experienxe (high level amateur, no match for mayweather's), hard strikes and the ability to take hard punches when they land - secondary stuff in the long run but prevent a total mismatch. He's also cocky, confident and made naysayers look at their shoes more than once.

I still bet Floyd, just like I'd bet conor in mma but we'll see what we can see. Hopefully some entertainment and respect for athleticism, despite the wanky hype (which obviously I've fallen at least partially prey to).

Mate, I would SO be there with you, Manticle. I'd even drink Budweiser.

I never understood either, for years, but after a few years of full-contact sparring, I got it. I admire fighters greatly. It draws on something in you like nothing else I've tried. Haven't tried war yet though...

The thread that had to happen.

On Conor's side if he fails there's always the fact that he's stepped outside his usual as far as rules, style of combat, etc. And one could lose and point these thing out and still command respect.
If he wins, well...

I'll be heading to watch it also, even if just for the novelty of it.

49-0 vs a guy with 0 professional fights, and now 8oz gloves.. I'm guessing the MMA record of McGregor must have made all the difference in the minds of the NSAC, well enough for them to grant the fight license anyway. On paper it should be Mayweather all day, but the cynic in me sees McGregor getting a 'lucky' knockout early to set up for an even larger rematch payday.

The fight three weeks later (GGG vs Canelo) is what I'm more keen for, it will be an absolute cracker!!

Not denying Mayweather his ability, but being an undefeated boxer in this modern age isn't as impressive a feat as it would of been 20-30 years ago. Todays boxers, or more likely their managers, seem to pick and choose their fights depending on the surety of a win. It's more about holding the title than who's the better fighter.
I guess, like everything else, it's all about the dollar. I'd jump at the chance to get knocked out for $50 million.
But doubt the world will ever see the likes of Ali or Tyson again.

MacGregor has looked slow & one dimensional in sparring. Mayweather will toy with him all day. Joke of a fight.

If it were MMA, Conor would towel him up.

It's a joke fight. Like putting the best squash player in the world against Federer in a tennis match & expecting it to be competitive.

2 totally different sports. Body weight on different parts of feet, punches from different angles etc. good pay day for Conor though

more like putting a soccer player vs a volley ball player and then telling the soccer player not to use his feet. the rematch should be good if Mayweather wants to meet McGregor in the octagon.

Latest posts

Back