Prison Hooch Review

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RdeVjun

Reaction score
Got this the other day in my email, here's The Sneeze link to a Prison Hooch review where they use fruit juice, tomato, sugar in a bag and inoculate with mouldy bread in a sock. As with many of these sorts of things its a bit dated, but some things just don't change and old methods are often the best. I struggled to find the most appropriate forum for this as it is actually brewing of sorts.
On The Sneeze, Steve reviews all sorts of really naff stuff that people eat and some pseudo- foods, from his wife's breastmilk to natto, tinned silkworm pupae, even dog treats.
Enjoy, if you can! Some of it is a bit: :icon_vomit:

I really don't understand what could have gone wrong! I used moldy bread and socks, EXACTLY LIKE THE RECIPE SAID!

This this is pretty funny, guys. Check it out.
Thanks for the link, RdeVjun. I'll probably spend the rest of the day reading more of this blog.

This this is pretty funny, guys. Check it out.
Thanks for the link, RdeVjun. I'll probably spend the rest of the day reading more of this blog.
Hey, its really no sweat- my brother spends most of his waking life trawling the net (probably just a bit too much, IMO) and it saves me bulk time when he sends me gems like this. I sling him a few home brews from time to time, so its a pretty good deal.

BTW all, I really should've linked to the "Steve Don't Eat It" archive, sorry about that...

Yeah, I read the whole archive. It is pretty awesome. The black corn one was probably the most gross. Very funny.

Maybe we could put some recipes up on the DB . Years ago when I was a fox terrier breeder one day on an impulse I tried a 'good-o' dog treat to see what it tasted like. It was actually rather bland and surprisingly sweet, with that unmistakeable bone meal abattoir flavour. Didn't make me sick, just not very interesting. In fact I was a bit annoyed that they were foisting this stuff on poor unsuspecting mutts.

Other stuff I actually have eaten with pleasure:

Actually I'll start a new thread on that :icon_cheers:

Back