Postage Split On Monster Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugglz

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a monster mill from America, postage is about $50 AUD for one or two. Is anyone interested in getting a mill as well and splitting the postage cost?

As per my post in similar thread in the other forum... sure am, and may have another one as well. Do I detect a bigger bulk buy?

It does seem like there are quite a few people who want them, not sure if a bulk buy would be worth it tho, I cant imagine we would get them much cheaper.

I'm looking at obtaining one, keen to jump in if drops the price of postage or/and the mill

Also looking for a mill soon. Anyone in this thread still looking at ordering stuff in ?

Duck

^ BUMP ^

Looking on the Monster website, postage is the same for 1,2 or 3 mills, $45.

With the Aussie dollar at US$0.94 at the moment, now is a REALLY good time to by a mill and have it shipped out !!

Do we have any takers ???

I would like one, but I am located in Sydney.

From reading the other thread here they got three mills delivered to Melbourne for the postage cost of one mill, totalling $150 per mill without hopper and base plate.

I am interested in this if there are two others in Sydney who wants a mill.

Or even sending it domestically shouldn;t be more than $10 extra I would think if the other two are located somewhere else?

Bjorn

Or even sending it domestically shouldn;t be more than $10 extra I would think if the other two are located somewhere else?
They are actually rather heavy pieces of kit. I got mine for just under $150 sharing postage with another brewer about a month ago and am happy with it (dollar was at about US 91c, paypal was a bit less). I wouldn't bother trying to post within Australia, just try and find someone else in Sydney - surely someone out there needs/wants a mill.

^BUMP^ Again

Milling my grain using a food processor is not only a pain in the butt, but makes a hideous noise and I think is giving me crappy efficiency. I reckon there may be 10-30% of grain uncracked in grist before it goes in the bag.

I still need a couple of takers to make it worthwhile to pay the shipping, even if it means having to ship domestically in Oz.

Duck

Hmm, i might be interested in getting a mill.

Also, which mill you looking at.

Just FYI guys, last time a buy was organised with Monster they said that they already had very low margins and couldn't afford bulk discounts. Splitting postage between 2 people is your best bet. I would suggest just finding someone in your area to split the postage. It worked very well for us - we just posted our location and got interested people to PM you.

Or you can try for a bulk buy, but I have a feeling that you'll get numbers together, contact the guys @ Monster and get the same answer we got.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=590367

Great mill (for the price) BTW. Love mine. Good luck

Hmm, i might be interested in getting a mill.

Also, which mill you looking at.

Probably just a MM2.

Can't really afford any top of the line gear.

Also I am not expecting a bulk discount... but shipping on 2 or 3 appears to be the same as shipping on 1.

Duck

Duck
if this is still a goer decided on an MM3 sorry about the confusing email was a bit excited with choice.

cheers scum

anyone still looking for a split on postage of one in melbourne?

Without starting a new thread is anyone interested in splitting postage on a mill??
I'm in Brisbane.

I'm considering the MM-2, Base & Hopper Assembly and Crank Handle.

Whats the landed cost on that set up at the moment Argon?

At this stage i've put together a single order for the MM-2, Hopper & Base, Crank Handle plus postage and i think it comes in at US$229 (approx AU$238)

MM-2 mill = $109
Crank Handle = $23
Base & Hopper = $40
P&H = $57

I've contacted them for confirmation and asked for clarification of multiple item shipping.

What would you be interested in purchasing? I could possibly ask them for combined shipping

Edit: updated costs as advised by Monster Mills

At this stage i've put together a single order for the MM-2, Hopper & Base, Crank Handle plus postage and i think it comes in at US$229 (approx AU$238)

MM-2 mill = $109
Crank Handle = $23
Base & Hopper = $40
P&H = $57

I've contacted them for confirmation and asked for clarification of multiple item shipping.

What would you be interested in purchasing? I could possibly ask them for combined shipping

Edit: updated costs as advised by Monster Mills

Would be looking at a similar setup actually. Will be doing a lot more brewing, and my marga just doesn't cut it.

Let me know anyway if you are interested in doing a combined shipment, if it works out worthwhile.

I am also interested in making a similar purchase so keep me in mind if the opportunity arises please.

Latest posts

Back