Possibly The Last Keg Sale We Have!

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to start kegging my homebrew in about 3 or so weeks time when I get time to brew my next batch. I've picked up a fridge in which to drill holes, but that's about the extent of it. It's more of a rough sketch idea at the moment, but it'll definately happen. Would these kegs be good for what I'm doing? Four kegs would be tons for me at the moment, especially since I've got a fair bit of cash to throw around.
And saying I do go ahead and purchase them, would that restrict me later on if I buy kegs here in Australia? Would there be any problems with the setup that I build in the next month or so?
Sorry if this is a repeated post or such, but I want to make sure that I have as few problems as possible. Cheers for your help lads!

-Alan

Just ordering 4 x 5 Gal kegs now. Works out to around 40 bucks aussie each. Cheap as!

Ayellayen,

These kegs are compatible with any ball lock homebrew setup, so you will have no dramas later on.

In fact, these seem to be the most commonly sold kegs over here anyway :)

PZ.

Cheers for your help mate, just going to pick up 4 now.

I'm one step closer to being everybody's bestest mate ever.

I'm stocking up on some extras too.

I figure we'd all better get in soon!

PZ.

With this, it says:

DECEMBER SALE: ONLY $10USD PER KEG WHEN YOU BUY FOUR KEGS. Must ship via UPS and paid via PAYPAL. Offer ends: 12/19/05 *

Does this count to us or not? If so how we we get this deal?

Cheers

sluggerdog said:
With this, it says:

DECEMBER SALE: ONLY $10USD PER KEG WHEN YOU BUY FOUR KEGS. Must ship via UPS and paid via PAYPAL. Offer ends: 12/19/05 *

Cheers
[post="94780"][/post]​

Well I adjusted my price in ebay accordingly so I guess it does for me anyways :ph34r:

sluggerdog said:
With this, it says:

Cheers
[post="94780"][/post]​

AS STATED IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD:
"-WILL SHIP TO AU VIA USPS AS ALWAYS - forget the UPS ONLY Part."

AND FOR AUSTRALIA ONLY:
-If you want, you may buy direct without ebay by paypalling. Our PayPal email ID is: c&[email protected]
If you want to go through eBay then the link is shown below:
-http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4423093439

I just bought 4 myself, including new gaskets and poppets. I adjusted the shipping etc to include the discount for purchasing 4. eBay ID NB_GTR

Total cost ~AUD$190.

AND FOR AUSTRALIA ONLY:
-If you want, you may buy direct without ebay by paypalling. Our PayPal email ID is: c&[email protected]

I did this and emailed them and ordered four. :)

sluggerdog said:
With this, it says:

Cheers
[post="94780"][/post]​

I ordered four yesterday, this morning there was an email from PayPal saying Matt had already credited $18USD back to my account. Can't ask for more than that!

Cheers
Peter

Bloody 'ell
Been away from the site for 24hrs and look at what I have started.
A few explanations needed I'm guessing:

coolum brewer
stay calm dude :beerbang: . I checked the freight calculator - how do you think I got the figure $US72.70?
I asked the question re freight as I had read in one of the many hundreds of posts/replies relating to buying these kegs some time back that the price quoted via the freight calculator was actually a lot higher than the actual end price paid that is all.

mchitiea
No dramas Matt with you, your pricing, your freight or anything. I don't have a problem with the price (refer above explanation). I'll be e-mailing you an order shortly.

cheers 'n beers
nt
:beer:

be fore warned guys.the keg bug bites deep.you will soon be wondering how many is enough.
i have 9 and i still feel im short on kegs.

cheers
big d

big d said:
be fore warned guys.the keg bug bites deep.you will soon be wondering how many is enough.

Big D speaks the truth.

My latest purchase will bolster my keg total to:
Thirteen 19L (one stuffed and used only for line cleaning),
One 18L,
Two 9L (still waiting on these to be posted from QLD).

I'm worried I'll need more :eek:

PZ.

ntboozer said:
Bloody 'ell
Been away from the site for 24hrs and look at what I have started.
A few explanations needed I'm guessing:

coolum brewer
stay calm dude :beerbang: . I checked the freight calculator - how do you think I got the figure $US72.70?

cheers 'n beers
nt
:beer:
[post="94977"][/post]​

I'm calm :D

Fingerlickin_B said:
big d said:

Big D speaks the truth.

My latest purchase will bolster my keg total to:
Thirteen 19L (one stuffed and used only for line cleaning),
One 18L,
Two 9L (still waiting on these to be posted from QLD).

I'm worried I'll need more :eek:

PZ.
[post="94987"][/post]​

I know what you mean.

I've ONLY got seven 19l kegs and am thinking maybe another four. :lol:

Well, it's may be the last sale. :(

Cheers,
Jase

big d said:

cheers
big d
[post="94984"][/post]​
Come on Dave! Surely my 7 x 19L and 2 x 9L are enough. No way would I EVER need more than that :huh: ;)

Steve

Guys, I've only ever bottled my beer before, and I'm seriously looking at kegging. As such, I've got no idea about what I should purchase. On the ebay sale it Lists: 5 piece gasket sets for $2.00 extra. New poppets for $2.50/each. Barb end OR MFL quick disconnects for $8/pair (MFL Swivel Nuts; $1.50/e).

If I were to buy 4 kegs, what else from the listed extra's would you recommend, and what quantity of each of the extra's would you recommend. I am counting on your experience in kegging, so that I dont screw up the order and regret it later. Your help will be most appreciated.

Cheers :)

Get the seals (gaskets) from Matt when you get your kegs, $2 for all of them id a good price.

The disconnect price from Matt is also very good, so grab them from him too.

As for poppets, after the $US-$AU conversion the price ain't so good...contact Andale for better pricing.
Different Andale places have different prices...Syndey wanted $3 each, Brisbane asked for $1.42 each...just call each outlet and go with the better price :)

As for the rest, there are heaps of thread about this, but I know it's hard to search the site, so here is a link for you regarding equipment needed:
http://www.countrybrewer.com.au/webcontent25.htm

PZ.

Latest posts

Back