Possibly My Next Project

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Move over Headbanger 9% Toucan stout and Midnight Train Malt Liquor:

This looks like the real goods:

Four Loko, an energy-drink-malt-beverage hybrid -- has come under national scrutiny since nine Central Washington University students were hospitalized Oct. 8 after mixing the drink with other alcoholic beverages.

While the PLCB isn't banning the product, it is asking that bars and distributors hold off selling Four Loko and similar products until the U.S. Food and Drug Administration finishes a safety review of the drinks that is under way.

Board spokeswoman Stacey Witalec said PLCB members believe the drink presents a public health risk, especially to college-age drinkers.

At first glance, Four Loko -- sometimes called "liquid crack" or "blackout in a can" by its drinkers -- doesn't look like alcohol. It comes in nine fruit-inspired flavors in 23.5-ounce cans. :icon_chickcheers: But inside is a cocktail of caffeine, herbal energy boosters and malt liquor. At 12 percent alcohol per volume, one can has the alcohol of about four to five 12-ounce beers.

"That's a recipe for disaster when you put it anywhere near a college campus," Witalec said.

Younger people often misjudge the amount of alcohol in those drinks and consume too much, Witalec said.

The drinks are popular with college students because they are a cheap way to drink a lot of alcohol, she said. Four Loko typically sells for about $2.50 a can or about $26 for a case of 12.

Some area beer and beverage distributors said the campaign against the drink was punishing everybody for the irresponsibility of a few.

I quite agree with the sentiments, rather than the kids drinking it we should brew it on AHB but drink responsibly. However if I make a batch of this should it be under Non Beer Brewing? :unsure:

:wacko: Do you actually have a functioning liver BribieG? You really brew some strange stuff, let us know how it goes but to be honest it sounds revolting.

Andrew

, one can has the alcohol of about four to five 12-ounce beers.

However if I make a batch of this should it be under Non Beer Brewing? :unsure:

They mentioned beer and malt liquor, I vote it goes in the beer brewing section.

The brewing network dudes were talking about Four Loko a few weeks ago. Pardon my french, but apparently it tastes like shit!

I listened to that podcast this morning. First thing that popped into my head was a Bribie style malt liqour cut with bogan juice errr... V/Monster/Mother etc etc. Sound delicious :icon_vomit:

wow red bull and jagermeister flavoured beer...... abomination.

And it has taurine - so its not all bad :blink:

wow red bull and jagermeister flavoured beer...... abomination.

Might become the latest nightclub sensation - Jager Beer Bomb - shot of jager dropped into a glass of red bull dropped into a pint glass of beer. Would most likely taste like shit but it could be interesting seeing a bar tender try to arrange the three tiers of glassware and then set it going. :lol:

Get to it Bribie. I'll do one if you don't end up in the emergency room.

Sounds more like carbon filtered white wine, half a packet of No-Doze and one of those Guarana shots, a Berocca, and a splash of Cottee's cordial.
I think you would just about have to be 18 to get it.

MHB

Sounds more like carbon filtered white wine, half a packet of No-Doze and one of those Guarana shots, a Berocca, and a splash of Cottee's cordial.

Yes, but don't forget just a hint of rohypnol for the dryness on the back palate and the 7-12 hours of blackout. Should be sold with an EPIRB attached to a straw that automatically extends down your throat and into your stomach when it detects a drop in your blood pressure and lung activity. :unsure:

Might become the latest nightclub sensation - Jager Beer Bomb - shot of jager dropped into a glass of red bull dropped into a pint glass of beer. Would most likely taste like shit but it could be interesting seeing a bar tender try to arrange the three tiers of glassware and then set it going. :lol:

I must admit that would be hilarious to look at :lol: still doesn't change the fact that it is :icon_vomit:.

Bribie: bundy is known as liquid crack

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cooked SWMBO her dins but I don't want to eat the same because I have just drunk 2 litres of Midnight Train Malt Liquor and all I want to do right now is to go up the street to the BP 24 hour and get a big bag of chips and eat those instead of dinner because those chips are so delicious after so much malt liquor and Im not sure if I'll be posting for the rest of the evening but if I do please take me with a pinch of salt and looking forward to my next project .

Look out behind you bribie a GIANT dim sim is about to eat most of your loungeroom and some of your kitchen utensils.

Oh man that made me laugh Manticle! :lol: :D I can't believe how cheap that shite is. $2.50 for a 700mL can. If we had that here kids would be dying left right and centre.

Bundy should be universally known as Liquid BUM crack. Filthy muck.
I must admit that would be hilarious to look at :lol: still doesn't change the fact that it is :icon_vomit: .

Bribie: bundy is known as liquid crack

Last edited by a moderator:
Back