Porttoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring back the real Oktoberfest Post

RTEmagicC_Octoberfest.jpg.jpgokto07_dirndl.jpg
Portoberfest vs Oktoberfest

I know which one i'd prefer. !!!! :icon_offtopic:

Cheers
JSB

agree........nice one Incider :lol:

Sounds good Bunyip.

At least a few Bavarian beers would be enjoyable from the standard XXXX Gold.

Is that the park opposite the Court House against the ocean?

Cheers.

Yes Duff, Next to The Cop shop , diagonal across from the courty..

$34 to get in , but you do get the first stein full and you keep your Stein. so depending on what sort of a Stein it is it could be a allright deal..

Anything that chalanges the locals to try a few differant beers has got to be a good thing...

As for the wenches, you'll have to wait for pics ... off to get our tickets this morning...

Cheers

well wasen't Porttoberfest a bloody disapointment, were greeted with a couple of smilling wenches , stamped and given our very own PLASTIC stein , move over to the card table bar to look at whats on offer , Weihenstephaner range and 2 Hofbrau, Original and Oktoberfest . Ask for a Wein/ pils to be told that I could have a Becks or a glass of vino as my Free Drink with entry.. MMM not happy ... Once getting though the Becks Back to the bar for my pils , $6 but I cant take your money you have to go way over there and buy Porttoberfest Money ... F&^$ Me .... Any way it was a preety crook experiance we stayed for a couple of hours and I managed to get though all they had on offer..... :rolleyes: Except any vino of coarse..

Dident bother with the camera as we were getting a few arvo squalls , but there wasen't much there anyway, if there is any in the paper I'll post again...

So if anybody from the Port Douglas Travel Leauge reads this , Porttoberfest 2007 Sucked big time...

Cheers

Back