Pooh Taste

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAPPAS

Reaction score
I bottled a batch of Coopers aussie pale ale almost a month ago and i tried one today and it had the real shitty strong taste you sometimes get with home brew, I have done the same brew a few times with success, will it get better with more time in the bottle????

Can you describe the taste a bit more? Is it hot, solventy? Or sour? Just has a bad tang? Or does it indeed taste like shit?

What temp did you ferment it at?

It is an estery taste and I ferment all my brews at around 25 - 27 as i am in Central Qld but I expect a bit of a shit taste early in the conditioning and it usually fades away but this one is taking its time.

Esters will be much higher at those temps. Aging can reduce them, but you're better off spending the time controlling your ferment temperature and not produce them in the first place.

mate coopers PA and 1kg be#2 is still 2 date one of the nicest beers i have done. used kit yeast and fermented at around 20-22(im in bris and at that stage was just using wet towels to temp control)

Latest posts

Back