Polyclar Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve78

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've never used Polyclar but am about to start with my Pale Ale I have cold conditioning in the fridge (in primary fermenter). I have read the instructions etc and read previous posts about it etc, but have one question;

I am not sure by how much the Polyclar will raise the sediment level in the bottom of the primary fermenter, but I always just bottle straight from the primary as the yeast and trub is compact, just below the tap mark, and doesn't really move. Will I have issues bottling 3 days after polyclar-ing in the primary fermenter if I don't rack it off to a secondary fermenter and bottle straight away?

Appreciate the advice :)

Steve

hi steve, i cant really offer any good advice as ive never done this (i run beer through filter after polyclar), however i cant see there being any problems in doing this especially seeing you are chilling fermenter and when using filling tube from tap the flow rate is relitavely slow, so as not disturbing the trub. hope this is of some help.

No problems at all Steve - Allow at least 48 hours for the polyclar to settle - it won't noticably affect the level of sediment.

cheers Ross

No problems at all Steve - Allow at least 48 hours for the polyclar to settle - it won't noticably affect the level of sediment.

cheers Ross

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice :)

Steve

I do the same,
after the beer has been cold for some time (fridge set at 1 degree) I add isinglass, then wait a day or two before adding polyclar,
wait a day or two and bottle at cold temps
I usually bottle very clear beer, using this technique.

Bjorn

Latest posts

Back