Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that not wanting to turn 100+ yr old trees into pulp or keep a pig in a cage the size of a small closet for the term of its natural life is indicative of being a lunatic but condemning an asylum seeker who has been deemed by legal process to be a genuine refugee to life in a civilly disturbed, unsafe and 3rd world country makes economic sense and is worthy of support.

Long sentence but my suppository fell out.

Abbott claims to be a "conservationist" - I think he's confused about the Latin term for "place where suppository goes"

Liberal party is now apparently preferencing rise up australia party over greens and labor in some seats. Does anyone have any more info to confirm, deny or justify? Rise up is run by a guy who believes black saturday bushfires were a result of god's wrath in response to Victorian abortion laws.

How either major party could not consider these guys kooks of the lowest order and preference number is something that leaves me scratching my head. Greens are fringe dwellers but Danny Naliah is A-OK?

Phil Mud said:
Danny Nalliah is a dodgy prick - here's confirmation of the LNP preference story

I don't see any option this year but to donkey vote, or vote below the line.
If you give even half a shit about who gets power, why wouldn't you vote below the line?

Phil Mud said:
No matter which way you vote (or draw rude pictures on the voting slip!), you're always voting for a donkey!

Phil Mud said:
Danny Nalliah is a dodgy prick - here's confirmation of the LNP preference story

Sorry for multiple posts - still using a phone to type. I read that article and some other newspapers too - by confirm/deny, I mean sources outside that. I know from recent experience how far newspaper articles can be from the whole truth.

"Liberal Party state director Damien Mantach said there were 39 groups and nearly 100 candidates on the Senate ballot in Victoria.
''The Liberal Party has preferenced Rise Up Australia very low on our Senate How To Vote card,'' Mr Mantach said."

I realise that doesn't confirm the positioning of Rise Up on their ticket, but the story doesn't sound speculative to me.

Also, I agree - I always vote below the line.

Me neither but I like to offer opportunities for explanation from those interested before I make up my mind. Pretty unimpressed with the idea. Might as well preference hanson or fred fuckwit niles.

Yeah - you'd think they'd want to distance themselves as far as possible from toxic people like that, but I guess it's about keeping ALP & Greens out, rather than helping the loonies in. If that happens, it's collateral damages I guess.

You can see everyone's how to vote here. And also make your own.

Belowtheline.org.au

Mardoo said:
Pretty interesting to have a read (between the lines) of their "Policy Principles". Although you don't have to read between the lines much at all. They put it out there quite clearly.

http://riseupaustraliaparty.com/?page_id=18
Not to radicall......much...

I like the we accept peace and harmony among all australians but reject multiculturalism.......yeah...now that makes lots of sense... One Nation anyone.

I think maybe they should have a read of the constitution....they may learn something

this is, amongst others a dumb statement:

We believe in “climate change” – for thousands of years the climate has been changing and it will continue to change; the notion that anthropogenic emissions of the plant-food carbon dioxide have affected, or will affect, the macro-climatic changes that would have occurred anyway as part of nature (e.g. volcanoes, solar variations etc) is a quasi-religious hypothesis unproven by objective scientific facts. Computer modelling always involves subjectivity and should not be used as the sole basis for policies;
hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRxx8pen6JY

Mardoo said:
Seriously! "...the plant-food carbon dioxide..." The mind staggers then falls over.
You know not of photosynthesis? Plants absorb co2 to grow and store the carbon. It has been shown in a controlled environment that a co2 rich atmosphere can double to triple plant yields. Yes you do need water and nutrients.
If farmers were allowed to be part of an ETS think about how much carbon we could capture in pastures, the animals that eat those pastures and the soil microbes that feed the plants. But no cows fart and that's way worse apparently.

Plants photosynthesise in order to make their food. They use Carbon Dioxide in this process, as well as light. To refer to CO2 as plant food is to not understand what you are talking about which I think was Mardoo's point.

Back