Plenty of time to brew.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fendercaster

Reaction score
Hi all. I have missed a flight today and now i have a full, Free 4 days to well..... brew!
I have grain ready to do an Irish Red. Smithwicks style.
I have pale, wheat, vienna and rye malt. I can get others and want to see any suggestions! I have been doing a few pales and IPAs lately. So something malty or inbetween would be nice.
Cheers!

mtb said:
Maybe a Red IPA? Plenty of recent discussion around the Modus Operandi Red IPA recipe, you could give it a go.
Done. I brew on the list! Red IPA seems to be on trend and there is plenty of info too! Now for another 2!! I want some storage!

Let us know how the Red IPA goes, i'm keen to put one down but waiting to find the right recipe

A hefe or wit. simple grain bill of 70 wheat to 30 pale to ~1.045SG
bitter to ~15ibu
ferment with MJ's Belgian Wit at 17C... that keg didnt last long, or any other yeast you like the sound of

n87 said:
A hefe or wit. simple grain bill of 70 wheat to 30 pale to ~1.045SG
bitter to ~15ibu
ferment with MJ's Belgian Wit at 17C... that keg didnt last long, or any other yeast you like the sound of
What would you be bittering with this brew?

Fendercaster said:
What would you be bittering with this brew?
I used Jarrylo in the cube (~12 mins equivalent) to see if it would give a slight orangy flavour/aroma, but usually a noble hop at the start of the boil.
IMO the late hop didnt bring much if any to the table, though it was high summer, and this beer evaporated before a proper evaluation could be properly carried out

Latest posts

Back