Pics Of My Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasty73

Reaction score
Here is my brewing room and my bottled beer as well as the 2 fermenters in my laundry.

100_7871__Large_.jpg

100_7872__Large_.jpg

100_7870.jpg

100_7873__Large_.jpg

It's 8 all up!!! I only take about 2 hours from starting to bottle to having another batch in the fermenter (minus the time the fermenter sits in the laundry tub for an hour).

It's 8 all up!!! I only take about 2 hours from starting to bottle to having another batch in the fermenter (minus the time the fermenter sits in the laundry tub for an hour).

Nice work, you must spend half your life bottling :blink:

And the other half drinking :beerbang:

what's your plan when the weather warns up?

Do you have aircon in there?

That's pretty cool. I'd love to have a set up like that. My one fermenter now seems so disappointing, haha.

The room is directly at the end of the hall in which we have a huge air con that points straight down the hall. Should be easy. Plus the room is at the front of the house which has a verandah the length of the front of the house, so that room never gets direct sunlight. Will move the other 2 fermenters in there when it warms up as the laundry gets bloody hot.

what's your plan when the weather warns up?

Do you have aircon in there?

I was wondering that myself, get a few cheap fridges off ebay and some temp control should fix that.

Thanks. My wife just realized that i don't have a drinking problem.

The bug seems to have bitten you HARD! Are you brewing for flatmates as well or something? Or you just hate liver function?

I hate my liver. Hate my life, so I drown my sorrows with beer!!! I just want a good supply so I can leave them in the bottle for a month before drinking. Plus I work for a taxi company fixing taxi's and have a few driver I that are sort of my friends and I shout them a couple of stubbies every now and then when they finish thier 12 hour shift. It's mainly for me though.

I used to live on the gold coast and I reckon you'll be hard pressed to cool that room in the summer heat via an A/C in another room. I hope I'm wrong, but to keep it under 20C for ales is gonna be tough mate. Maybe you can brew enough now so you can take a break during January/February when it will be at it's worst!

I used to live on the gold coast and I reckon you'll be hard pressed to cool that room in the summer heat via an A/C in another room. I hope I'm wrong, but to keep it under 20C for ales is gonna be tough mate. Maybe you can brew enough now so you can take a break during January/February when it will be at it's worst!
Thats a good idea. I do have a small a/c I can put in there but I have to drill the fly screen off as it's pop riveted on and the missus don't like that idea. (might do it when she's at work)

What a beautiful looking three tier system on the right hand side. :icon_cheers:

What a beautiful looking three tier system on the right hand side. :icon_cheers:
Thanks mate. I like it, it works well looks good and provides me with the half carton every night. Although I am stiil drinking "green" beer. It's coopers pale ale and has only been in the bottle for 9 days, tastes like shit but it's drinkable after 5 or 6.

Thats a good idea. I do have a small a/c I can put in there but I have to drill the fly screen off as it's pop riveted on and the missus don't like that idea. (might do it when she's at work)

That's the way I always play it with the fun police in my household! :icon_cheers:

How much will it cost to have A/C on 24 hours a day anyway? Might be cheaper to get a fridge dude

Would put the a/c on a timer. Last summer we ran our 2.5 hp a/c 24/7 for 2 months and got a $1600 bill!!!! Since then the fun police has been an electricty nazi!!!! Can't blame her though, I was waiting for the cops to come around and ask where the hydro set up was!!!!!!

Would put the a/c on a timer. Last summer we ran our 2.5 hp a/c 24/7 for 2 months and got a $1600 bill!!!! Since then the fun police has been an electricty nazi!!!! Can't blame her though, I was waiting for the cops to come around and ask where the hydro set up was!!!!!!

You know guys that do hydro often get their power from the neighbors... Now there's one way to save a few $$$ :ph34r:

Back