Perth Trip

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therook

Reaction score
Well therook is going to be in Perth for work from the 5th November until the 23rd, have any of you W.A brewers got anything happening while i'm over ther. I have spoken to Pistol and we are going to catch up and hopefully drain some of his kegs one day but it would be great to meet some of you other blokes.

So whats happening over there this time of year.

Rook :D

Well therook is going to be in Perth for work from the 5th November until the 23rd, have any of you W.A brewers got anything happening while i'm over ther. I have spoken to Pistol and we are going to catch up and hopefully drain some of his kegs one day but it would be great to meet some of you other blokes.

Rook you have to go for a drive down to Margaret River and visit Colonial Brewing..... :party:

Rook you have to go for a drive down to Margaret River and visit Colonial Brewing..... :party:

Rook give me a buzz when you plan to come down, I am in Margaret River and happy to show you around and share a few,
if your party is more than one everybody welcome, no problem.

cheers Amita :super:

No need, most of Colonial's beers are now on tap at The Royal in East Perth.

But if you are down in MR, send me a PM and I'll make sure I'm around for a tour and some tank grazing.

Catch you at Pats if not drop on at home.The welcome matt is out.PM if you want a brew day.
Cheers GB

And lets not forget the micros in the swan valley/fremantle
(where it all started) and the one over at mindarie.My days off finally coincide with the westcoast brewers meets so hope to see you at the next meet or around the traps at a pre arranged day Rook.(Sounding like Pat has one in the pipeline.)

Cheers
Big D

Jeez, its been a great response so far, thanks fellas.

I will deffinately be in touch within the next few days to organise a meeting point or what ever else suits.

But its midnight here and i have to work through to 6am so off i go.

Rook

LMAO - therook has posted this in the Brewing Competition & Results forum!

Have been looking forward to meeting Mark for ages and I'd love to have a brew day on Saturday 17th November.

I cannot brew and play host simultaneously as either of these alone usually requires more than my full concentration. I thought though that it might be a good opportunity for a brewer contemplating going AG to have their first crack on the 17th. All you'll need is a fermenter. There'll be people to help and I'll make sure you get a clean, clear, tasty beer. (We did have a problem last time I let someone loose on my gear - a few things were forgotten - lol.)

As I'm only in an apartment (a ground-floor one though!,) I might have to cut numbers a bit but I'll post back here if that becomes the case. There's a lot on in November though so hopefully that won't happen. There's the West Coast Brewer's meeting and [topic="18641"]Friday Drinks[/topic]. (The latter is a to a poll that Chilla has going. He can't make Friday the 16th so go for the 23rd in his poll!)

It'd be great to see not only some old faces but some new ones as well. It'll be a very easy-going day so if you've never been to a brew day before then come along and meet some top blokes.

So who's going to put their hand up to do their first AG????

Can't wait to meet both the mystery brewer and therook!

See you soon Mark and safe trip,
Pat

Me, if thats alright with you.
will come up from Margs for the weekend, meet you guys and will have a crack at the AG.
time has come!!!!!!

be in touch,
Amita, very exited :party:

will come up from Margs for the weekend, meet you guys and will have a crack at the AG.
time has come!!!!!!

be in touch,

good stuff Amita,

BIAB is like AG on training wheels anyway :D

and with Pat to hold your hand it should be a sinch

Goodluck Rob.

time has come!!!!!!

be in touch,

I look forward to meeting you Amita, as we hope to get down to Magaret river the following weekend.

Rook

I'm keen to come along and learn from the masters :)

Can bring brewsnacks too.

Bugger, i wanted to put my hand up!! After watching it last time really want to give it a crack myself.

Almost ready to go AG.. almost almost ...

Bugger, i wanted to put my hand up!! After watching it last time really want to give it a crack myself.

if you bring a curtain and ask pat nicely there might be enough room for 2 brews going at the same time.

I will come up with my brew mate( who is very keen)and happy to share the brew,its more for the experience.
we are trying to come up on friday arvo so we can meet a few people if anything is happening, if not we will have to find something to do in the big smoke.......

Rook good to hear that you come down, im sure we will find something to do.......

thanks for all the support guys, really looking forward to move up in the brew world,

cheers amita :icon_cheers:

So we have found the mystery brewer/s - excellent!

That's absolutely great you're coming up for the weekend Amita. I'll send you a PM so we can make a plan. Good on you!

As for Facter, I have access to enough gear to do two side by side brews except for a second decent chiller but maybe someone has one they can lend for the day preferably with hose fittings? So Facter, if you want to have a crack then why not. I'll get in touch with you as well.

Be great to meet another new face uneekwahn. Look forward to meeting you.

Hope you're coming randy - we need a medal winner to supervise ;)

If anyone wants to crash the night, let me know. You'll need a swag though.

Cheers and beers,
Pat

That's absolutely great you're coming up for the weekend Amita. I'll send you a PM so we can make a plan. Good on you!

As for Facter, I have access to enough gear to do two side by side brews except for a second decent chiller but maybe someone has one they can lend for the day preferably with hose fittings? So Facter, if you want to have a crack then why not. I'll get in touch with you as well.

Cheers and beers,
Pat

thanks Pat, we are on!! :super:
looking forward to meet everybody and have a great day!
is there a BBQ handy for the day?

will sent pm to finalize plans,
cheers amita

I look forward to meeting you Amita, as we hope to get down to Magaret river the following weekend.

Rook

Great Rook , that will be the weekend of 24/25?
will see you anyway on the brewday at PP? and will finalize the plans.
if not pm pls.

cheers amita

Cheers and beers,
Pat

Pat can you count in on brew day, I don't often get to see how others brew.

Back