Perth Cbd Pubs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobo

Reaction score
hi all you WA brewers.

i am originally from SA but am living in Pt hedland atm, on the 9th i will be in perth for the weekend, staying in the CBD and me and the Mrs will be having a bit of R&R. not interesed in trekking miles out of the way but would like to know of a cupla good pubs with good WA micro beers in the CBD.

also, how far out of our way would a little creatures visit be?

cheers,

Lobo

I'd recommend a train ride down to Little Creatures, a more interesting pub (and of course brewery) than the city ones. It's about 30 minutes I guess?

Yep, definently +1 for Little Creatures, something about LCPA off tap straight from the brewery. especially if all you have had is the bottled version.just jump on the Freo line from the city, 30mins max. If you do venture down to Fremantle you have to visit Sail and Anchor pub, they have such a huge range of beers (good beers) on tap you will find it hard to leave the place. They even serve beers of the hand pump (3 types from memory)

If you want the real local place you can go past the balga or the eastern hotel in midland or try the one in armadale ,but if you want to get glassed try the ones in northbridge but if you want to be thrownin out a window go to the ogh

Balga or Midland....... C'mon stanko we dont want visitors to this great state getting rolled by foreigners or people on benefits or friends of the Gillard government (ouch!!!!!) with nothing better to do. Hey the incident at the OBH was unfortunate.. but hey its still a great pub on a Sunday afternoon.
All I can add is Sail and Anchor, Sail And Anchor. It has to be done

I onces had blind date @ the Sail And Anchor , had wisded i was blinded

There is the monk in Freo as well nice Kolsch\

Havent been in perth for a while,years I'll let others coment

It's not in the CBD but I'd recommend Feral. There's nothing wrong with little creatures but you can get it anywhere.

Lobo
If you are splashing out a bit you could try the Belgian Beer Cafe in Murray St. a bit pricey but worth it as a treat.
The Brass Monkey in Northbridge has a good selection and its a nice pub before dark.
Elephant and Wheelbarrow in Northbridge and Moon and Sixpence in Murray St. have all the nitro pommy beers if thats your thing.
Unfortunately Nail Ale is no longer brewed in Bobby Dazzlers, William St. and I think they have a fairly mainstream selection.
The train ride into Freo is a must, LC, Sail & Anchor, The Monk, Clancys, Newport.
Sail & Anchor and Clancys will have a greater selection of local Micro than anyone else, enjoy.

Yeah you might be able to get little creatures anywhere, but sitting out the back with fresh poured drinks and some of their delicious nosh is one helluva way to kick back IMHO.

It's like 30mins on the train and is well worth the ride to fremantle. The cbd is unfortunately very bad for nice beer.

I think the consensus in this thread is inevitably going to be that there are absolutely no good 'beer pubs' in the Perth CBD. There are a couple of interesting bars, but the pubs in the city are overpriced and more closely aligned with the entertainment sector than with any perceived beer scene.If you want good beer and an atmosphere that's not about very young people getting wasted, you'll have to head outside the CBD. See above suggestions.

A train ride it is then. Thanks for all the info guys.
Lobo

LC Pale in freo atm is the best I've had in a long time. Has some real kick. Worth the trip for locals too. Not sure how long till the server blows though, I was there on thursday night.

As for the city everyone seems to forget the Old Swan Brewery. Just got their IIPA on, matched with a mammoth steak, which they have aged themselves. Sounds pretty good, and a short taxi from the cbd (like super short. I'd walk it...)

I did completely forget to mention the Old Brewery. how is the IPA? does it go well with a 1 kilo tomahawk steak!!!!!

Lobo
If you are splashing out a bit you could try the Belgian Beer Cafe in Murray St. a bit pricey but worth it as a treat.
The Brass Monkey in Northbridge has a good selection and its a nice pub before dark.
Elephant and Wheelbarrow in Northbridge and Moon and Sixpence in Murray St. have all the nitro pommy beers if thats your thing.
Unfortunately Nail Ale is no longer brewed in Bobby Dazzlers, William St. and I think they have a fairly mainstream selection.
The train ride into Freo is a must, LC, Sail & Anchor, The Monk, Clancys, Newport.
Sail & Anchor and Clancys will have a greater selection of local Micro than anyone else, enjoy.

He is risen,
thought we had hear the last of you vlad, good to know you are still here

Latest posts

Back