Perth Brewers' Big Day Out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deebee

The Bludgeon Brewery
Reaction score
Would like a show of hands for who would still like to wander around micros in Freo one day late in September?

I am in - whether it is a full scale tour of Sail and Anchor or just a beer there, then little creatures then clancy's. (I don't get to talk brewing except with my dog who is the only one who understands me.)

Have I forgotten to take my perscription, or is this already being planned by Kook.....?

(count me in anyway)

Goat

Hey guys,

Sorry I havent been posting much on here, but I've been absolutely flat out with work. I havent brewed in a month now!

The outing is still going ahead on the date planned, I'm still to hear back from Sail & Anchor though. I'll call them this week sometime.

Is that the Saturday, kook? (27/9)

I thought there was an agreement to move it to the Sunday due to grand final?..

hope its sunday gotta watch the afl final

Yep Sunday is better. (Sorry about the confusion.)

Just bringing this to the top of the list for the attention of any new Perth members...

any time yet fellas.ive got 6 days to go till im in perth and not to sure if i will have comp access down there to stay in touch.should no in a few more days for sure.

cheers
dave

Just wondering where all you Perth guys go for your hb supplies? In your experience have you come across any places that are better than others/worse than others?

Would love to come on your Freo crawl - sounds like a bloody good day but I've got a stack of work to do for uni until mid November...

Chatty

Chatty,

You sound like you could do with a few hours off on a Sunday arvo. And think how much harder you'll work on Monday if you have a lazy Sunday.

;)

Okay guys, once again sorry for the lack of feedback regarding this. I've been *#$!ing busy the last week or so with a project at work, its all over now anyway.

The pub walk (rather than crawl), will definately be going ahead on Sunday the 28th of September.

I still dont have confirmed times for the Sail & Anchor tour, I'm waiting on a phone call back from one of thir brewers regarding it. I should know times later today. I suspect the email address I used to try to contact them was not checked regularly.

Once I've got times for the S&A tour, I'll find out what times Little Creatures and Clancys open, that way we can work out what order to do the tour in :)

I dont think I'll plan anything for lunch yet, I'll leave it up to us on the day. Theres so much food in Freo, I'm sure we'll be able to find somewhere with food we all like.

So, whos coming? :chug:

Chatty said:
Just wondering where all you Perth guys go for your hb supplies? In your experience have you come across any places that are better than others/worse than others?

Would love to come on your Freo crawl - sounds like a bloody good day but I've got a stack of work to do for uni until mid November...

Chatty
1 word Chatty, TWOC.

I live aprox 2 minutes drive from a home brew store. I avoid going there usually though. I think the 1/2 hr drive (each way) to TWOC in Bibra Lake is worth it. The guy there rocks (I really should find out his name). Good grain&hops, decent prices, and they stock WYeast! I lose any savings in petrol costs, but its worth it for better service and range.

You should try to come along to the Freo walk. Even if only for an hour or two to get away from study :)

Hey folks I'm hoping to make it to the session in Freo only hitch may be if I am out of town over the long w/end. Will try and post back if I can make it. :chug:

Agree with you also kook, I am lucky to be only 10 mins away from TWOC, great shop and excellent service. Did my first all grain a couple of weeks ago and the bloke in there was extremely helpful (helped me out with alternative hops etc). Will be there in a week or two to get the next batch.

Jason

kook
just checked the map bibra lake is a fair way from where im staying up at mindarie but being from the far flung nt i reckon a lazy drive down that way will be on the cards for me when i hit perth next week.is the address in the phone book im keen on checking as many hbs as possible on my trip to sand groper land.gotta fill the baggage with home brew stuff.

cheers dave

Cheers Kook, i've already found TWOC - just wanted to know what else was out there but. Roy (that bloke...) is a pretty good bloke and quite helpful. Although i've only just started on the fascinating journey called home brewing (5 brews), he tempted me into doing a Grumpy's Masterbrew - what a wonderful smell that stuff makes hey?

I was there yesterday and noticed that he is one of the sponsors of the Amatuer Febrewary brew competition. He is putting up a fair bit of cash for a little place which i think is pretty ballsy when you consider that some of the other hbs out there aren't doing a thing.

Big d - it's a bit of a trek from Mindarie but it really is worth it. The address is Unit 2/ 40 Port Pirie St Bibra Lake, and the phone number 9418 8938.

Will have to see about the 'walk' - depends mainly on how much work i do in the next few weeks.

Chatty

Bad news guys! :(

I just called S&A again (3rd time) and finally got through to the right person (i'd left 2 messages!).

Theres no brewery tours till after christmas. They've gone into mass production to keep up with demand, and they cant allow tours while theres brewing going on ??

Aparently we could get a quick look around on a friday afternoon, but no chance on the sunday aparently :(

Are we all still up for meeting up and having a wander around the freo pubs anyway? I'm still up for it.

Just a shame both S&A and Little Creatures wont do tours at the moment :(

Back