Perth Brewers' Big Day Out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for looking into this kook. Don't matter none.

I'm still in.

perth brewers
im in perth flew in yesterday have we got a time for the freo wander yet?
hopefully its a lunch time roam.i hear theres some grouse food around freo

cheers
big d :)

Welcome to the little smoke big D!

Lunch sounds good. Maybe meet at S&A at 12 for a pre-lunch beer? It's close to lots of food.

Anyone know what the food's like in Clancy's? Little Creatures is good but pricey. Same for S&A.

ill check the address in the phone book so i dont miss it

The food in the restraunt out the back of S&A is very reasonably priced. The restraunt upstairs however is rather pricey.

I agree with deebee. Lets all meet at S&A at 12pm on the 28th (Sunday). Have a brewski or two then either eat there or find some food.

I dont know what the food at Clancys is like, I've never eaten there.

Look for a guy in a Malt Shovel Brewery shirt :) I'll probably be scribbling down nonsensical notes regarding the beer I'm drinking..

I will wear my grumpys shirt and will have a smile on my face being at the start of two weeks' holidays. I will staple my cab fare to the inside of my pocket. No one let me spend it.

Shall we nominate a bar to meet in? What about the bar closest to the corner where the markets are?

hey deebee good thing we are both called dave as if i wear my grumpys shirt as well we will be easily found.
just hope it isnt very cold as i will be the odd one out.the territorian with the shivers.and well rugged up.tried a malt shovel ipa today.different but am back sipping lcpa out of those little 330ml stubbies

Drop into the international beer shop with a bit of that holiday spending money big D. You will blow your beans buddy.

Try that Young's Luxury Double Chocolate Stout. That'll warm you up.

By the way, I visited that TWOC shop today. Good little shop and nice bloke. Definitely worth a drive to get to a decent shop.

Interested to see packs of "Deliverance Yeast" which is an 11g blend of DCL S33 and S04 that he sells for $1.50. Also stocks a good range of liquid yeasts, grumpys products and the usual stuff.

Also picked up an entry form for the Febrewary Amateur Brewing Championship at the Sail And Anchor in Feb 2004. Might have a go at that. (Only to find out what's wrong with my beer...)

twoc shop this saturday and international shop during the week or on my way back from twoc.rang them yesterday and they have over 300 beer varieties.like wow i can hardly wait.i will be in seventh heaven and beyond.
visited a bop today boathouse brewing in joondalup.
had a yarn to the blokes running it.not bad set up.about 74 recipes but i still prefer to do it all myself.
there biggest sellers??????
copy of cub crown lager and mexican corona.
weird hey
any way catcha

Hey perth guys,

Anyone BUT KOOK, take some photos and post them to the gallery so the rest of us can see what you guys got up to, hey??
Maybe it might shake KOOK into getting the SYDFEST pics up in the gallery(malt shovel shirt hey kook..where did ya gidit??)...All in good fun of course ;) :) :p :D

Have a great time B)

i will try and remember to take the dig cam a long
should be some good fun and pics and food and beer

On the Perth theme I notice that the prize for Best of Show at that Febrewary homebrew contest is pretty cool.

You get to take your winning recipe to Sail and Anchor and brew it in their facilities under supervision of their brewers! And then they flog it through their outlets. What a blast. Wonder if they pass on any proceeds...

Yep guys I'll be there. Don't have a Grumpy's shirt so I will just have to look for the few of you who do.

Deebee, I grabed a Febrewary pamphlet also from TWOC last week. If I have a decent bitter around then I may throw it in for a shot. At least I can get some feedback on how to improve. First prize does sound good but I would be surprised if you would be lucky enough for some commission, I'm sure they would let you have a few cases ... :)

hey linz
malt shovel t shirts are on a promo give away over in perth at the moment.saw an ad in a local rag that said buy 2 cases and get a free t.to much i thought and later in the day dropped into the local drive through for a 6 pack of james squire ipa and the bloke says a case comes with a free t.sold i said.im now drinking james squire ipa and have a nice squire t-shirt as well.
way too easy. you should check the local to see if they have any similar promos going.
its amazing how much they have to give away except for the fact that the occasional brain dead drive through attendant doesnt have a clue as to what goes with what.
give em a hassle next time as i occasionally do and some times you come away with heaps of goodies.

cheers
big d on holidays in cold perth

one week or seven days and 2.5 hours to go but whos counting.i see those slack arse crow eaters are still trying to get together.if grumpys isnt a big enough draw card then im buggered if i know what is.
hey i know..... little creatures pale ale brewery....sorry jayse.

im grinning from ear to ear.hope you fill that mini bus

big but cold d

by the way called into twoc shop today and had a long yarn with ray the owner.not a bad shop you perth brewers have.hes got all sorts of stuff.loved the collection on the wooden bar of beer taps and fonts.deebee i bought his stock bar one of sierra nevada.
jazman would be envious of the packaging.grains are seperate from the malt in there own little muslin bag.will let you know how it turns out when i get back to the top end.he sells heaps of grumpy stuff as well even one shot.prices are very good.even seen bags of that torrified wheat people have been asking about.had no all grain set ups to show me at the time so will try a few different shops.

cheers big wandering d

big d, there are aparently still places open for the beer tastings at the International Beer store in West Leederville. Give them a call if you havent been to a tasting already. I'm going this wednesday night.

love to kook but will be tied up with other things.i made a booking last week but had to cancel due to illnes in family.i intend to drive down there sometime soon and have a long browse through the shop.it sounds like one great shop

Latest posts

Back