Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's annoying that the OD of the shank is not supplied. Why not just get 6mm ID tubing and get a clamp from Bunnings. I have the flow controls so I just run 6mm ID line as it is easier to get on and off the barbs and I clamp them.

thank you Glen.

Looks like it's time to order my Xmas present! 2 x 545 FC's with stainless shanks! Woo-hoo!

Sorry to be a PITA, but, anyone know if this SHANK will fit this LINE?

In short... it's a 5mm ID Valpar line, and a shank with a hosetail that works with 3/16" or 1/4" vinyl tubing.

Hey guys,

I am about to pull the trigger on a kegerator from Craftbrewer and will be going with this font that they suggest http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1116 I am planning on upgrading to the 545PC taps (I have a relative in the US that is travelling here in a few weeks that will bring in for me). If I also purchase the shanks in the post I have quoted, is this all I need and it will it be possible to mount onto this font? Is it a difficult task?

Sorry for the newbie questions, this is very new to me. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Hey guys,

I am about to pull the trigger on a kegerator from Craftbrewer and will be going with this font that they suggest http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1116 I am planning on upgrading to the 545PC taps (I have a relative in the US that is travelling here in a few weeks that will bring in for me). If I also purchase the shanks in the post I have quoted, is this all I need and it will it be possible to mount onto this font? Is it a difficult task?

Sorry for the newbie questions, this is very new to me. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Looking at replacing my CB standard taps with Perlicks at some stage, thought they would fit right onto the shanks provided?????

Screwy

Hey guys,

Merry Christmas

No need to buy the shanks, the 545PCs will fit right into the shanks the tower comes with, that's exactly what I've got. Unless you want to upgrade the chrome shanks to SS, but firstly you'll have chrome taps so why bother with SS shanks, and secondly it'll be such a PITA to replace the shanks that I wouldn't bother (in fact I considered the same option but dismissed it once I looked into the tower and saw those shank locking nuts all so very close to each other).

EDIT: Screwy, you're good to go, no looking back once you have the flow controls.

No need to buy the shanks, the 545PCs will fit right into the shanks the tower comes with, that's exactly what I've got. Unless you want to upgrade the chrome shanks to SS, but firstly you'll have chrome taps so why bother with SS shanks, and secondly it'll be such a PITA to replace the shanks that I wouldn't bother (in fact I considered the same option but dismissed it once I looked into the tower and saw those shank locking nuts all so very close to each other).

EDIT: Screwy, you're good to go, no looking back once you have the flow controls.

Check these guys out. I priced up a 3 tap stainless font with 3 x 545fc for $375 delivered.

http://www.homebrewstuff.com/

Good news, thanks for the info.

I can't get that price for the same set up, could you please elaborate on what items (SKU's) you put in the cart and how much postage was? Mine came out to be over $420.

I just started with the build your own tower - http://www.homebrewstuff.com/build-your-ow...ft-tower-1.html

Then pimped it out like this.

HBS_TripleFont.jpg

That's a good price too. I recently built a font with 3x 525ss taps on it and after everything was said and done I think I payed about the same so a good deal.

Yeah I reckon that it's a great price also, but the problem is that I can't get the whole system past the wife. I need to get a new job that pays more and the Mrs doesn't know about, so I can have a separate bank account and get the goodies that I want....

Guess I am lucky there, so long as the electricity and gas stay on and the home loan is payed she does not care what I spend the rest on...

I resigned from my job a couple of weeks ago because I was morally opposed to a business decision that my employer made, now I have to pay the price. Until I find something else I can't really ask for much on the beer equipment front.

Does anyone else have this problem with these taps? I find that unless you push them hard back, you'll end up with them dripping.
My two taps drip.
Over the years I've gotten into the habbit of disconnecting my beer lines after use so it's not really a problem, unless I forget.

Maybe I should do like Frothie and partially disassemble them.
Maybe some of this stuff might help.
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=890

Edak, I reckon you should just go with the standard font that comes with the kegerator & just upgrade the taps to Perlicks, that's what I've done & I'm bloody stoked with the result. I didn't get the flow control taps but so far the non FC's pour a perfect beer anyway

I don't see the need for a stainless font when it never comes in contact with the beer anyway?

Edak, I reckon you should just go with the standard font that comes with the kegerator & just upgrade the taps to Perlicks, that's what I've done & I'm bloody stoked with the result. I didn't get the flow control taps but so far the non FC's pour a perfect beer anyway

I don't see the need for a stainless font when it never comes in contact with the beer anyway?

Cheers bud, will look into it. I am looking to get a 3-tap font so I can have 2 beers on tap and have sparkling water for the wife. I hear that the cheap chinese fonts are a bit weak and start rusting quickly, but this might not be the same for everybody by the sound of it.

just upgraded my Keg King kegerator this morning... 2 x Perlick 545FC with stainless shanks and Valpar line... guess I should test it out!

Careful Spiesy, when I installed my Perlicks I poured about 8 pints, just to make sure the next one poured well too. Drunk AS

Back