Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Expensive for CP, when you compare it to the non flow control CP tap... double the price just for flow control!?

why thank you, friend, I shall investigate.

No issues with the PC over stainless?

IIRC farmhouse only had 1 in stock when I was looking. Apex also responded straight away so was willing to pay a few bucks more. There have been good reports about farmhouse and beer tap store as well. They all seem to offer similar prices and products.

I went into holgate on the weekend and they had just had these taps installed. They raved about them.

I can't wait to install them on the weekend.

why thank you, friend, I shall investigate.

No issues with the PC over stainless?

Sorry, I only have the standard Perlicks, so not in the cool gang yet <_<

But Farmhouse are pretty competitive.

Batz kept putting up the link to a really cheap mob earlier. Look back in the thread.

Beertapstore were great to deal with, their shanks etc were cheaper than more beer when I bought mine.

I started out 14 years ago with with two Andlae Floryte Taps on a fridge, I bought them new and they cost me the earth. Then I found a three tap font and bought another Floryte off ebay, I liked them.
OK moved to a five tap font so bought five Brumby Taps, and chrome plated and I was happy with them as well. Then got caught up in the forward seating thing, OK five Perlicks SS. I bought the flow control in line things..crap...I bought the flow control adapters before the taps, better but still crap.

Bought Perlick Flow Control taps...best taps ever!

So been there done that.

Also, if I have a dual tap Keg King Kegerator, do I need anything special to get these badboys "mounted" to the shank? Perhaps I should upgrade the shanks to all stainless as well? Thoughts?
Any word on this front lads?

Homebrewstuff are a little cheaper. Have ordered stuff from them in the past. Quick delivery good service.Here

Any word on this front lads?

No, you don't have to.

The Perlicks fit the (sub-)standard KK shank just fine. I did exactly the same thing this week.

However, the quality of the KK shanks do not come close to those offered by Craftbrewer.

Getting the shanks off and back on to the font can be an exercise in frustration, especially if you have big hands, and don't happen to have a 27mm open-end ring spanner handy :)

thanks mate.

PS: got a reply from Apex, they are claiming the 545 flow controls are all stainless?

There has been much discussion on this and the conclusion was they are chrome. They are 545 pc (plated chrome) not 545 ss. He's wrong.

From page 5 of perlicks brochure

Perl Flow Control Faucet
Brass body, chrome-plated faucet with all the features of the
Perl faucet. With a compensator to adjust the flow. This faucet
fits standard American shanks, no adapater required. The flow
compensator offers you more control because by adjusting the flow
control handle, you can increase the restriction for your hard to pour
brands. You can also slow the flow for pouring sampler glasses,
as well as reduce the amount of foam when pouring into a frosted
glass by adjusting the flow control handle.

thought as much, thanks lads. looking forward to discarding the 8,653m of beer line inside my kegerator!

I started out 14 years ago with with two Andlae Floryte Taps on a fridge, I bought them new and they cost me the earth. Then I found a three tap font and bought another Floryte off ebay, I liked them.
OK moved to a five tap font so bought five Brumby Taps, and chrome plated and I was happy with them as well. Then got caught up in the forward seating thing, OK five Perlicks SS. I bought the flow control in line things..crap...I bought the flow control adapters before the taps, better but still crap.

Bought Perlick Flow Control taps...best taps ever!

So been there done that.

Listen to the voice of experience!

Received great service from Apex Brew Wares HERE

Screwy

The ss ones are meant to be released end of this year, that's what Perlick told me a few month back.

Sorry to be a PITA, but, anyone know if this SHANK will fit this LINE?

In short... it's a 5mm ID Valpar line, and a shank with a hosetail that works with 3/16" or 1/4" vinyl tubing.

Sorry to be a PITA, but, anyone know if this SHANK will fit this LINE?

In short... it's a 5mm ID Valpar line, and a shank with a hosetail that works with 3/16" or 1/4" vinyl tubing.

3/16" is 4.7mm
1/4" is 6.35mm

so 5mm line will be fine.

Latest posts

Back