Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reviving an oldish thread here.

Am about to buy a few Perlick 650SS flow control taps and long shanks for my kegerator project.

Just wondering what line diameter works best with these taps? Have got 5mm for gas. Is this OK to run from the kegs to taps, or should I go smaller?

Cheers,

JD

It really doesn't matter, they are flow control taps. I've got a couple of 650's and using 6mm line with 50cm between the keg and tap and works well.

I've got 5mm ID line on mine which works fine. About 2.2m long between keg and font tubes (have a flooded font), with the font tube giving an extra 30-40cm at a guess. I'll be switching to 6mm line when I change them though, the font tubes are a bit big for the 5mm stuff although I managed to stretch it over. Either way, it works and they pour well.

Thanks for that.

I suspected as much, but always interested in the experience of others.

JD

Rocker1986 said:
I've got 5mm ID line on mine which works fine. About 2.2m long between keg and font tubes (have a flooded font), with the font tube giving an extra 30-40cm at a guess. I'll be switching to 6mm line when I change them though, the font tubes are a bit big for the 5mm stuff although I managed to stretch it over. Either way, it works and they pour well.
This is identical to my setup (barring the flooded font) and the pouring is excellent.

Back