Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it was them... nice.

Price for the left overs? Also, do you know if they will screw onto a perlick shank? As in, screw off a 545 and screw the roto on?

Says standard American fittings. Let me get onto the computer and find out. I sure hope they do, I've got good ss shanks to put them on.
Price is usd 550.70/8 x number of taps :)

Btw, firm offer recvd on perlicks. Off to a good home soon as I can figure postage/payment. That was quick!

Oops. Bought the wrong tap. Will have to cancel order and find them again. Kicking myself. Anyway, perlicks still gone. Now I HAVE to get the right ones :)

Woah you bought the wrong ones? That is some serious money to get the wrong thing. What will you do if they already sent them?

meh, I'll figure it out. I just ordered tham and its early morning in the usa. Perils of using a friggin phone for internet!

Now, to wait for micromatic to tell me they'll ship :) I might start a bulk buy (strictly through the PC :p) if there is interest, fits on standard shanks same as 545pc.

where did you order them from? I am interested in getting a few also.

Could be worst, you didn't get stuck with the creamers. How bad would that be? :blink: :huh:

yea mate, searched for the flow control version since the micromatic website doesn't do postal order to Australia, chi company turns up.. woohoo.. price is good, order. Splat! wrong shit. Heh, could be worse yeah!

I've emailed them back asking if they can supply the FC version and price etc...
Also emailed micromatic. Lets see who can send and how much for. I'll keep it posted and maybe start a BB thread if there is a decent offer.

$87.95 each

Shipping on 3 $85.00

Shipping on 10 $150.00

Official reply from micromatic. Just over a hundred bux each for ten. I'll start a bb I think.

The thing with the Perlick flow control for me is that i see them for sale second hand round the traps with the 'going back to the 525's' message.

I used to know a guy who fitted out his commercial bar with 8 of the creamers :D

I forgot to add; I bought my 4 525's from Chi company and had excellent delivery time. They were the cheapest on the net i could find once delivery cost was factored in. If buying from the states you need to find someone who's willing to ship via usps flat rate boxes.

Am looking at getting 4 of these but am starting from scratch and need shanks etc too. Am also trying to tee up a mate who is heading over for work soonish to bring them back for me. I think they look awesome.

Presumably all their prices are in US dollars?

I was also asking if the flow control was sold separate to the tap but it looks like it isn't at the moment.

The only concern I have is that they seem to have a valve unit that is the only thing that needs to be replaced. They look like that won't be for a long time for home usage but also haven't seen them for sale anywhere.

Whatever way you look at it $100 for a SS flow control tap is a bargain!

I would buy 5 or 7 myself. I see micromatic also sell s/s shanks which I would need also ($20 on their site compared to $50 on some sites here) and chrome handles, if this can be organised at the same time??

contrarian said:
Given the rumours regarding a stainless flow control tap from perlick I decided to contact them directly to see if there was any truth to it. They told me they were working on revamping the 525SS and the new model the 630SS would be available in march next year but there were currently no plans for a stainless version of the 545.
I just saw in another thread that HBHB have indicated that s/s flow control perlicks are expected to arrive in Australia late November. So what gives?

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/76211-finally-flow-control-perlicks-in-stainless/#entry1095852

Having just read that thread I am a bit dirty having just ordered 4 roto flow taps from the US. This was the email I received from perlick:

Hi Michael,

We do have a new stainless steel version of the Perl faucet in development to replace the 525SS. The new faucet (630SS) will be available by the end of March. However; at this time, we are not developing a stainless version of the 545.

Dave

David Kearns
Perlick Corporation - Product Marketing Manager

I would have thought that if they were about to release a SS flow control that he might have passed on the info but its possible they didn't. Either way, would be good to see the options in SS flow control taps improve. It's slim pickings at the moment.

Anyone got the Vinservice flow control taps? I have some but I am yet to use.

Latest posts

Back