Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good malted, was just trying to show that I do actually search thongs before I post.
Cheers,
Hopie

I get that but to have them landed at just over $53 Aud ($57US) Each, I assume they weren't full price or was shipping approx $28Us?

Shipping: 36.96
Total: 286.71
Products Ordered:

Perlick Faucet - Flow Control
Qty: 5.00
Price: 49.9500

286.71 USD

=

266.311 AUD

Gents, has anyone found that the perlick flow control taps pour a little slower compared to the 575s?

I replaced my 575s with Flow Control Taps and have found that I need to up the pressure a fair whack to get the same kind of pour as my 575s. Not sure if maybe I didn't "set" the flow control taps up correctly when I installed them or something simple... They just seem to have more resistance even with the flow control knob turned completly up to "no resistance"

Hmm.. could I just buy these http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4253 instead of going to the hassle of replacing my SS 525's?

Yes, I did.

Its cheaper to buy new taps though.

MUCH CHEAPER if you then sell your old taps...

BUT the taps won't be stainless.

Time again, I'd probably go the flow control perlick's... but I want stainless :-\

I'm very happy with my 4 taps (3x 525SS, 1x575SS) + 5x ss flow control adapters (note the adapter is not 100% stainless)

Gents, has anyone found that the perlick flow control taps pour a little slower compared to the 575s?

I replaced my 575s with Flow Control Taps and have found that I need to up the pressure a fair whack to get the same kind of pour as my 575s. Not sure if maybe I didn't "set" the flow control taps up correctly when I installed them or something simple... They just seem to have more resistance even with the flow control knob turned completly up to "no resistance"

Contemplated shortening your beer lines? :)

When I installed my flow-controllers (not perlick taps), I shortened all my beer lines to minimum hehe, so much neater

Contemplated shortening your beer lines? :)

When I installed my flow-controllers (not perlick taps), I shortened all my beer lines to minimum hehe, so much neater

Mine aren't very long as it is but just curious as to why the flow control taps would flow slower than the non flow control taps.

Mine aren't very long as it is but just curious as to why the flow control taps would flow slower than the non flow control taps.

At a guess, I'd say its the big lump of metal in the flow path

At a guess, I'd say its the big lump of metal in the flow path

haha... always a comdian somewhere! :D

I just thought the flow control taps would have a point where they don't restrict the flow.... ie big chunk of metal is wound back far enough to allow said beer to flow unrestricted

Fully open I can't notice a difference, could your adjustment be hitting your shank or font and not letting it go back completely? Open the tap completelty and remove it from your shank/font and then see if your can open it more.

batz

Just ordered one of these, a shank for the fridge and a tap for $111 delivered, cant wait to set it up, I am using a pluto gun at the moment.

Does anyone have a fridge mount drip tray they no longer want? Or know of anywhere that have cheap ones?

The ones on eBay are a little pricey for me at the moment.

I don't mind buying it, I just cant justify $60ish after buying a new tap and getting ready for a bulk grain order.

Edit: Make more good English.

Try kegking.com.au

remember seeing some reasonably cheap ones on there.

Cheers

Thanks Nick,

They start at $65 there. I may just have to make do without for a bit, wont be too long till I can afford it again.

Cheers

Quick question about the flow control taps...

I have ordered 5 of these - will they fit on a standard shank? The only reason I ask is that the cheapie Keg King Euro flow controller taps have a large 1/2 oval shaped piece of metal sticking out the back, which is the flow control part of it. The shank connection is recessed quite a way to allow for this oval to move forwards and backwards. I've tried my euro tap on one of the shanks I bought and it doesn't even come close to fitting, but I assume that the Perlick ones have a different mechanism?

Quick question about the flow control taps...

I have ordered 5 of these - will they fit on a standard shank? The only reason I ask is that the cheapie Keg King Euro flow controller taps have a large 1/2 oval shaped piece of metal sticking out the back, which is the flow control part of it. The shank connection is recessed quite a way to allow for this oval to move forwards and backwards. I've tried my euro tap on one of the shanks I bought and it doesn't even come close to fitting, but I assume that the Perlick ones have a different mechanism?

On my kegerator, the Dorodo would not fit to the font. The perlick fit perfect.

QldKev

On my kegerator, the Dorodo would not fit to the font. The perlick fit perfect.

QldKev

Thanks Kev. The Dorado was like 2cm or so away from the screw thread coming into contact with the thread on the shank - was that about the same with yours?

Should I post my pic? I've got new tap handles. :lol: :lol:

batz

Thanks Kev. The Dorado was like 2cm or so away from the screw thread coming into contact with the thread on the shank - was that about the same with yours?

With the Dorado they were also a larger thread, so no way could I line them up. Completely different design, so much for adhering to and standards.

The perlick go straight onto what looks like your standard tap stup.

Should I post my pic? I've got new tap handles. :lol: :lol:

batz

If had to be done, although I will see and be using them and tomorrow :party:

Latest posts

Back