Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just go through morebeers order and it will quote you shipping before checkout payment.

I paid somewhere around $40 for freight from morebeer to Perth, But I hear that farmhouse will quote you a realistic freight price if you email them, so may pay to wait to hear from them.

I just did a search back through emails and i got a quote from farmhouse a while back when they were first released for $50 freight.

morebeer was $37, and i didnt have to stuff around..... just click the box and pay!

You will be happy with the service Tony, they ship really quickly.

What sort of taps are you replacing?

batz

Just normal Perlicks mate.... they are only about 18 months old, and great taps but im sick of the coils of beer line.

Making your favorite style today, and i need about 6 meters of beer line to control the flow with the high keg pressure to get the carb level i want, and ballancing it is a bitch to get right.

So i thought... bugger it, and coughed up the cash

Just normal Perlicks mate.... they are only about 18 months old, and great taps but im sick of the coils of beer line.

Making your favorite style today, and i need about 6 meters of beer line to control the flow with the high keg pressure to get the carb level i want, and ballancing it is a bitch to get right.

So i thought... bugger it, and coughed up the cash

I did the something, what's my favorite style, wheatie?

batz

Just ordered a tap from http://www.thebeertapstore.com/.
He has just got the Perlick545 pc taps in stock. Bought my last perlicks from him and he was good to deal with. I'm still waiting on a reply from farmhouse that I sent weeks ago asking for a freight quote.Taz

He has just got the Perlick545 pc taps in stock. Bought my last perlicks from him and he was good to deal with. I'm still waiting on a reply from farmhouse that I sent weeks ago asking for a freight quote.Taz
Thanks! That was very painless. 242.30 Aussie for 3 taps and SS shanks, delivered. Love it.

Good to see he finally got them.
When I spoke to him last he was looking into it but was getting stuffed around - his supplier (Perlick or not - not sure) wanted near $70 US for them when I told him what they were going for at Morebeer and Farmhouse Brewing.

Mine are working great, only upgrade next would be if they bring out SS ones!

Good to see he finally got them.
When I spoke to him last he was looking into it but was getting stuffed around - his supplier (Perlick or not - not sure) wanted near $70 US for them when I told him what they were going for at Morebeer and Farmhouse Brewing.

Mine are working great, only upgrade next would be if they bring out SS ones!

Are his shanks really 7/8" thread?! He seems to be the only one and nobody has a push-in fitting to suit that. I wasreallyhoping to be able to get the fittings from keg king and just checked they are 5/8", so are the ones from CB. Wonder how I solve that problem :S
Emailed him too, hoping it is a typo on the website.

Hi, Not a typo, they are 7/8 inch X 14 thread. If you are looking for john guest fittings for them they should be easily found. I have many customers in Australia that use them. I do sell tail piece kits for this shank.

Thanks,
Nick
TheBeerTapStore.com

-------- Original Message --------

Hi

The shanks that I ordered,
http://www.thebeertapstore.com/Complete_4_...mbly_p/sk04.htm

Are these really 7/8" thread? I can't seem to find anyone else sell these and consequently nobody that is stocking a 7/8" thread to 5/16" push in fitting. If they are actually 5/8" thread shanks and the description the website is a typo that'd make more sense and solve my problem too.

Cheers in advance.

PK

Well, damn.

Practicalfool, stop stressing, the thread is 7/8"-14 (5/8" BSP).

All is good :)

Though I guess I should have let you stress a bit more buying from the US ;)

cheers Ross

Oh gawd. You'd be a cruel cruel man :p
I do need to finish up that order that has been sitting in the cart forever... lol

Well my taps turned up

Hooked up 2 of them.

NOT very happy with them.

They seem to foam the beer, no matter what speed i run it at, i just get foam, even from ballanced beers that were working fine with a couple meters of beer line.

I have to dump half a glass to get it to pour.......... worst money i ever spent!

I only hope im doing something wrong.

They also make my beer smell a touch...... metallic, the taps themselves smell metallic.

I think i will put my beer line and SS standard taps back in

:angry:

Wasnt happy last night.... obviously......... but persevered with them and i think i have worked them out. I get a bit more foam up front but the carb in the beer seems to be better. Not as prickely and it holds a nicer tighter head for much longer.

So.... im warming to them

Back