Perhaps A Stupid Question But...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You find the jigglers at places like supercheap auto etc., they're also used for syphoning fuel out of your tank. I once got one, but brought it back as i couldn't get it to work properly, but it was quite large which might have been the issue.

I used to use a normal silicon hose and got one of these plastic nozzles which you use for silicon guns, the ones that you screw onto the cartridge. They're free at bunnings etc.
Cut the end off, and insert it into your silicon tube, then suck on the other side until the wort is almost at the nozzle. Press tube together and remove nozzle, then place tube to wherever you want the wort to go. The advantage is that you're not sucking on the tube itself, so no risk of contamination if you sanitise the nozzle first.

i do this

these days i just use beer line, but start it the same way as above. it takes 10 - 20 minutes to move 20 odd litres, compared to about 1 minute with that big bore silicon stuff...slow & steady is my motto these days

I'm taking a guess some people should not brew AG...

or walk across a road...

I'm taking a guess some people should not brew AG...

or walk across a road...

Or no-chill? :eek:
When the first no-chiller pops off the planet from a mistake/error of judgement there's going to be a rush to the above sponsers for immersion chillers, CFWC's plate chillers, etc.
No affilliation, etc. :p
We all have to die sometime so no worries fellas. :lol: :beer:

TP

i'd tell em to tighten the lid better next time

imagine darren's face when the first no-chill botulism death occurs!?

hmmm...dunno pete. i have my doubts about anyone with 'darren' in their name these days

I bought a weldless ball valve to put in my pot. Just go to bunnings and buy a 'step' drill bit. It should give you a burr-less hole, I think you need the 22mm stage on the bit as it is about equal to the 7/8 of an inch hole you should need in the pot wall. Just look at the many youtube videos of people installing these things to give you an idea. It is pretty easy and then you don't need to siphon.

Latest posts

Back