Passion Flowers And Dry Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Coleman

Reaction score
I'm going to add dried passion flowers with my dry hops to secondary fermentation.

Still thinking about a decent amount so its noticable but not over powering, will be using with nelson sauvin to enhance the grapefruit aromas.

Will make a hoptea with the two beforehand to sterilise them for a while before adding to secondary.

Has anyone done this before or are there any reasons that i shouldnt give this a try?

Drew :icon_cheers:

I'm going to add dried passion flowers with my dry hops to secondary fermentation.

Still thinking about a decent amount so its noticable but not over powering, will be using with nelson sauvin to enhance the grapefruit aromas.

Will make a hoptea with the two beforehand to sterilise them for a while before adding to secondary.

Has anyone done this before or are there any reasons that i shouldnt give this a try?

Drew :icon_cheers:

I was thinking about doing this just yesterday. Do you know where to get the passion flowers from? They are supposed have a relaxing effect. You might make sleepy beer.

Don't know what passion flowers are exactly, for all I know it could be slang for a party drug :blink:

Anyway sounds good to me.

Latest posts

Back