Parts needed for Bar fridge conversion MELB

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyg8

Reaction score
Hey all after visiting a mate with a fridge keg setup im looking at trying to turn my bar fridge into a keg system

I borrowed one of his Cornelius 19L kegs to see if it would fit in the bar fridge and if I can manage to remove the freezer section up the top it will fit quiet well

I guess im after a run down on what is needed to make this happen, I would like to try get 2 kegs in there with a dual dispenser coming out the top

Where seems to be some of the better places in Melbourne to find this stuff

thanks

If the freezer section has cooling pipes in it, it can't be removed as that's what cools the fridge
You may have some success carefully bending it so it sits flush with the back of the fridge, but that runs the slight risk of crimping or cracking the pipes, killing the fridge
Either Keg King or ebay will probably be your best friends for the parts for the conversion

Hey I do believe that the cooling is done thru the freezer shelf as it has 2 pipes going to it that are always ice cold...It might be worth just selling it and finding one that can easily be removed

You'll probably find if it's got a freezer section, it can't be removed full stop

your in S/E melb, so check out keg king

Look for a Keggerator on gumtree - I picked one up for $275 with dual font and 6.8kg CO2 and 1 x 50L keg (which i sold for $50)

Happy days

sp0rk said:
You'll probably find if it's got a freezer section, it can't be removed full stop
Sorry I ment either bend it down as suggested or find one that the cooling is done thru the back or something

mxd said:
your in S/E melb, so check out keg king
Ill will check them out when I get some funds together

Hoppers said:
Look for a Keggerator on gumtree - I picked one up for $275 with dual font and 6.8kg CO2 and 1 x 50L keg (which i sold for $50)

Happy days
I will look on there thanks

For $160 it's cheap, but it also looks cheap quality stuff. In my experience the cheap stuff is fine treated with due care/maintenance.

If I had my time over again (and I plan to) I'd go Perlick SS taps, SS shank and Corneilius brand disconnects. The disconnects are the biggest PITA. Lube is your friend.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
For $160 it's cheap, but it also looks cheap quality stuff. In my experience the cheap stuff is fine treated with due care/maintenance.

If I had my time over again (and I plan to) I'd go Perlick SS taps, SS shank and Corneilius brand disconnects. The disconnects are the biggest PITA. Lube is your friend.
I guess it comes to spend more now or upgrade in the future...mmm will have to have a think

Latest posts

Back