Partial Ok In Aluminium Pot?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tintin

Reaction score
In the absence of a stainless steel pot large enough for a partial brew this weekend, I was going to use my giant aluminium pot instead. In the past I've used two smaller ss pots, but for simplicity I was thinking of using just the one aluminium pot. This is probably the only time I'm going to use aluminium (ss pot coming soon). I just wanted people's opinion on the temporary use of aluminium and if it has affected their brew in any terrible way. If the beer came out stanky I'd prefer to buggerise around with a split boil in smaller ss pots.
Ta.

tintin,
if you have a large aluminium pot you may as well use that for beer and save yourself some money. Or use the dosh to buy other gear you may need.

Quite a few of us use aluminium pots and they are fine.

cheers

johnno

Aluminium is fine. I think the only time you might get a taste is if it is brand new. To avoid that, I think you just need to season it by boiling some water in it.

I've brewed several batches in a ~30L aluminium put with no problems.

I'll third that. Aluminium is fine. I have used a 50l aluminium pot as my kettle for a number of brews now with no problem. Quite a few threads already on this. Can the steel one. :p

I'm waiting for the standard aluminium-alzheimers gag, but nothing as yet :(

I know plenty of people who use ali pots and they seem to be fine. :)

here ya go T.D.......

i cant remember what i use for my kettle...
beer tatstes alright though from memory

Without the danger of starting yet another debate about aluminium and something I can't remember.

Go the ally ally oop oop. :beerbang:

Warren -

Right, that settles it....I'm going the alum. I'm going to give it a good boil first with bicarb as I use it to boil up the dog's swill every month (swill = vege offcuts, scraps, barley etc.). Thanks for the help. Maybe the first brew out of it I'll call Dog Swill Porter.

i'd say you would have a hard time tasting any aluminium or dog swill after all those ciggies...! :p

good luck with the Ali partial.... it'll be fine

ally is fine i use it all the time thats when i rememeber what i brew

Latest posts

Back