Paragliding

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this thread while trolling...

I paraglided a few years ago. It really is an awesome hobby. The biggest problem for me and my mate who both started at the same time, was parawaiting. We both worked Mon-Fri jobs so only could go on weekends. Add to that the 2 places near brisbane are Gold Coast Hinterland (~1hr drive) or Rainbow Beach (~2hr drive). Then once you get there, its possible the weather turns, or doesn't turn the way you think. What really stopped me continuing was landing in a tree while getting talked into toplanding at Beechmont by a senior pilot.

Two weeks after that a guy we did the training with had his wing collaps while launching near Toowomba and broke alot of bones.

I did have a few awesome flighs. Getting to cloudbase on a training flight, seeing Q1 over the top of Tambo. Ridge soaring for 2hrs at Beechmont with my mate.

I would get back into it if I had a mate with a big paddock you could tow launch in. Get away from all the BS with clubs and site fees that way.

Latest posts

Back