Palmer's Simple Explanation Of Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave line taught me how to brew - I'm currently reading his "Brewing Beers Like those you buy" and just cloned myself an extinct UK Keg Beer combining elements of Worthington E, Whitbread Tankard and Courage Tavern. " Brib E Tavern Tankard.

I used to brew in the early to mid 70s and there's very little we have nowadays that they didn't have back then, a lot of stuff that we consider radical today was commonplace in the 70s, like the bucket o death

electrim.jpg

:p

About the only thing they didn't have back then was Herms and cornie kegs but they had pressure barrels, keg chargers etc etc. And of course with modern transport and logistics we enjoy a huge range of malts and hops they wouldn't have dreamed about in the 70s.

I use the term "eat" to most people so the person receiving the information can build a little movie in their heads to understand better.
I do the same for Yeast, so the person can imagine a little bug eating sugar, pissing alcohol and farting Co2 and rooting it's way through the beer.

Fair enough...i just felt we were all in the mood for correcting authors....
Now all i can think about is little organisms rooting, farting and pissing in my beer...DAH!

Now i know why we use hops... to cover up the orgy funk!

If I were planing on re-writing anything to add some intelligence I'd most certainly be starting with your posts.

I have explained to you a number of times now, yardy, that it has been some time since I worked in an industry that requires me to utilise my traffic management qualifications and nor was that ever my actual field of employment to begin with.

I'd like to hear more about which jobs you think make a person worthy and which do not.

Latest posts

Back