Ozzy Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudy

Reaction score
hi all,

Now i know this may seem a bit ordinary to some of you but i would love to brew some everyday Australian beer, i need some help. i love the old Resch's draught on tap. can any one give me some ideas on a recipe? any feed back would be great.

By the way i am an all grain brewer and have brewed a few different style beers such as German pilsners, wheat beers etc, but i just want something that i can put in my 50L kegs that is like a standard "pub beer".

cheers all.

Tony's Aussie Ale looks good...(pride of ringwood) Doing that one for my Dad when he comes over in March.

4.00 kg BB Galaxy Pale Malt (1.5 SRM) Grain 72.73 %
1.00 kg BB Ale Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 18.18 %
0.20 kg BB Wheat Malt (1.0 SRM) Grain 3.64 %
0.10 kg Copy of Weyermann Carahell (13.0 SRM) Grain 1.82 %
20.00 gm Super Pride(60 min) Hops
1.22 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
0.20 kg Cane (Beet) Sugar (0.0 SRM) Sugar 3.64 %
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.057 SG

This is a great Ozzy bitter

Batz

4.00 kg BB Galaxy Pale Malt (1.5 SRM) Grain 72.73 %
1.00 kg BB Ale Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 18.18 %
0.20 kg BB Wheat Malt (1.0 SRM) Grain 3.64 %
0.10 kg Copy of Weyermann Carahell (13.0 SRM) Grain 1.82 %
20.00 gm Super Pride(60 min) Hops
1.22 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
0.20 kg Cane (Beet) Sugar (0.0 SRM) Sugar 3.64 %
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.057 SG

This is a great Ozzy bitter

Batz
cheers Batz

Currently drinking a really nice partial which came out not unlike a Melbourne Bitter and yes IT DOES CONTAIN A KILO OF DA SUGAZ. :ph34r:

I was putting heaps of LDME in with my partials and getting an extract twang with every one so as an experiment I decided to replace this with a kilo of dex then thought NAAA lets just whack in a kilo of raw sugar and see what happens... I'll drink it however it turns out.

1 tin coopers good ol lager
1 kilo raw sugar
1 kg bairds malt I had left over .. mashed at 68 degrees and sparged to yield about 7 L of sweet liquor

small addition of green bullet 60 mins
two additions of Bsaaz .. suggest POR or cluster for a more ozzie flavour

Nottingham ale yeast
Gelatine
Polyclar

$16 estimate

Drank after four weeks in bottle.

anozbeer.JPG

Drank a pure blonde at our weekly pokies outing, came home and drank the pictured glass, and not too bad. My tasting panel reckon commercial quality if you like that sort of thing.
Edit: the trick is to get it crystal clear, get it fizzy and drink it real cold. Doesn't have that dirty mousecage taste you get with most Lion Nathan beers.

thanks for the comments however sarcastic some may seem.

Back