Oxygen/equipment Availabilty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oxy.png

YOINK.... :ph34r:

Sorry guys it's late...

I have both....
An air tank.....My son's...
Aquariam Filter ..Double.....
That is why i asked..
Cheer
PJ

I've been thinking of one of these [color=" #0070c0"][color=" #0070c0"]PORTABLE OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR[/color][/color] at ~$400-500 landed, your square after about 2 years rent.Apparently they provide HEPA filtered sterile O2 enriched air at up to 60kPa, bit more compact than a 35Kg 1.7 meter tall Oxy bottle.Anyone out there with any technical knowledge about this type of equipment.

MHB

Thought I'd drag up this thread to see if you ever got your hands on one of these Mark - and if you did how did it go?

Benniee

For those still searching for these (like me), Williams Brewing look like they have them in stock. I have not asked if they will ship to Australia yet, I want to make sure my local stores can order the O2 bottles first!

For those still searching for these (like me), Williams Brewing look like they have them in stock. I have not asked if they will ship to Australia yet, I want to make sure my local stores can order the O2 bottles first!

Gday John

I Got my bernzomatic oxy bottles from Alltools in fyans st geelong , good dude and he might even have them on the shelf he normally keeps two, as for the reg i got mine from morebeer and had it in about a week and a half.

Good luck

Cheers

Williamsbrewing will not ship to Australia, neither will Austin home brew. You can order from both using on shipping services though.
Or you could just go through the other big retailer who has all the gear in stock again and ships directly to us over here.

Masters stores stock the O2 bottles (containing only 59g) for a shocking $29 in the welding section, seems still to be the cheapest in Australia so far. I know that Ross sells some sort of oxygen bottles from memory, will check next time I'm in store, hopefully next weekend or so.

When I first started AG I remember Ross had the bottles at his old store, but the fittings were horrendously expensive so I didn't go that way. Worth checking with CB to see what's available nowadays.

If I remember correctly Ross used to get the regulators from a local supplier. However, he doesn't exist/produce anymore. Ross still sells the bottles, but they're not the benzomatic ones, I'm not sure if the Regs from the US are the same as the ones he had and if they fit the bottles he stocks.

Well The brew wench makes glass beads and things , so I bought her a better gas torch last xmas . this one needs o2 to get a hotter flame..

Its taken almost a year to get it all setup and running properly , first it was the yanky threads and gas fittings that did not come with the new torch , then finding a good o2 supplier,, in the end we now have a 10lt/min O2 concentrator ..

This one comes in at $2000 delivered from the states ...

But I know you can get small portable units for a lot less ...

cheers

Gday John

I Got my bernzomatic oxy bottles from Alltools in fyans st geelong , good dude and he might even have them on the shelf he normally keeps two, as for the reg i got mine from morebeer and had it in about a week and a half.

Good luck

Cheers

Good stuff Bulp, I saw an Alltools site in WA had them in their online store, good to know they have them in Fyans St, lot closer now that I live in Grovedale too!

I use the red ones you get from bunnings for $30 and a neddle valve and air stone and fillter from Nev

Back