Over Carbonation?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrg0

Reaction score
Hi All
Have recently kegged my CPA brew using CPA cultured yeast. However when I gassed it (40 psi) after 2 days chilling in fridge, I backed it off to 10 psi for pouring as per my previous brew. It is very gassy with lots of bubbles in the beer line. I backed the pressure off to 5psi but still have bubbles in the line. It has good head retention but was wondering how I can relieve the extra gas when pouring. Any suggestions??
Cheers.

G'day barwee,

I've had this happen to me before. All I do is take the keg out of the fridge. I then shake it up for a couple of seconds, then I let it settle for about 10-15 mins. I then purge the gas from the keg. Do this 2-4 times, then wack your keg back in the fridge to cool back down and all should be sweet. The reason I said to take the keg out of the fridge is that I read somewhere that beer holds less gas when it is warmer.

Hope this helps,
Dan

G'day barwee,

I've had this happen to me before. All I do is take the keg out of the fridge. I then shake it up for a couple of seconds, then I let it settle for about 10-15 mins. I then purge the gas from the keg. Do this 2-4 times, then wack your keg back in the fridge to cool back down and all should be sweet. The reason I said to take the keg out of the fridge is that I read somewhere that beer holds less gas when it is warmer.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Thanks Dan I'll give it a go.

Back